MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: best free hosting sites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2016-04-03, 11:33 AM).Joe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 05:17 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]Try out x10hosting.

Not something I've had hands-on-experience with but you may find some good deals at https://lowendbox.com/.

I've heard good things about them too.  Never used them though. 

Most shared hosts out there are cheap (like a couple bucks a month), I'd say its worth the price of a cup of coffee to have decent hosting.

x10 isn't bad considering it's free and pretty decent so you can't ask for much more than that, if it doesn't suit your needs it's time to fork up a few dollars.
You can simply take a VPS from any free vps providing site like Post4vps.com and Host your own Web hosting for free.
I wouldn't trust a free VPS. That's really pushing it, plus it's not technically free (excluding financially) because one must invest their time in to posting and backlinking for the one you're advertising.
(2016-04-03, 07:45 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 05:06 AM)darkhk3r Wrote: [ -> ]FYI - There is no such freehosting / webhost in the world. Whoever claim's to provide free host got limitation's for bandwidth / space, no matter if they still say unlimited (its just a marketing hype). All the webhost who claims to provide free space are part of shared hosting and once you reach a certain amount of threshold value they will notify you of upgrading your account or suspend your account without any notice.

Other than above, there are many limitation's on free webhost. Many features are disabled. Only 40% uptime, timeout error, white screen of death on website, ton's more

^^ This is one of the worst post (unfounded statements) I have ever read on here.

She obviously exaggerated but she's right. Uptime is maybe not as low as 40%, but you can expect downtimes quite often. Features are often disabled/disallowed for optimisation purpose. They may ban your site/account if you exceed their limits, which also happens even in paid shared hostings - of course they have a higher level of acceptance. Free hostings aren't meant for any more or less serious forums.
There are plenty of paid hosts out there that do good deals. If you are or are happy to deal in pounds/GDP, my recommendation, flat out, is Tech-Hosts. Put it this way... I completed a survey and the managing director himself got back to me. But yeah... free hosts... if you do stick with them, make sure you prepare for the worst.
(2016-04-03, 12:40 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 05:17 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 05:17 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]https://lowendbox.com/.

I would recommend this site. Perfect starting point.

Have you come about some good services on there?

Multiple. I no longer have them as I prefer to run my own hardware.
finding a best free hosting is like free dinner in a five star hotel . LOL
Free hosting is like development space for me i don't use free hosting for productions websites and also not recommended to anyone, free hosting providers have huge load because abuse and massive usage, We closed sixserve due to same reason.
Pages: 1 2 3