MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto save on editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

one of the most important feature for me is the autosave function for the text editors.
Not just as admin, but also as a forum user it is a very appreciated and useful function.

Ive been around on vb for a while and you could simple restore the previous message, when you accidently closed the browser or tab, or whatever.

On ipboard, the message is left within in the editor, so it doesn't even get removed and you dont have to use an restore button. Even if you start writing something, then feel like, oh i better finish that later, the message stays in the editor.

I hope you guys really think about implementing something similar to the above, because it is just useful, user friendly and most big forum softwares have it. (If not already implemented, or planned)
It'll likely be in-built in the new WYSIWYG editor, depending on which one we'll choose.
(2016-04-03, 04:22 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]It'll likely be in-built in the new WYSIWYG editor, depending on which one we'll choose.

Nice to hear. That would mean that it would be available anywhere you can find an editor, right? Like new topic / new post / new pm.
CKEditor supports this Wink