MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reviews Plugin [In Progress]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok so a few weeks back some people were asking about a reviews plugin for MyBB. I said I was making one for my website (http://www.drpoodle.com) and would try and convert it to MyBB once I had finished.

I'm just posting this to ask you what features you want it to have, because currently the "original" one (not MyBB) looks like this: http://www.drpoodle.com/reviews

Also I want to know how many people are interested in it...because I won't make otherwise Toungue

Currently the features list is as follows:
  • Users can choose from multiple pre-set categories (Admin can manage from ACP)
  • Users can write / edit / delete reviews.
  • Users can give a rating out of 10 to their review.
  • Users can comment on other users' reviews.
  • Users have special "review profile" which gives statistics about the reviews they have written.

-DrPoodle
Hahaha looks awesome! Big Grin Can't wait to check it out! Big Grin
Thats a very very awsome Plugin.. omg I hope to see it created.. this will soooo help many forums having to do with reviewing stuff.. movies. music. games. companies and etc
Sounds great. Smile

ATM I can't think of anything to add to the list. Toungue
That is awesome!
Looks great. The features you listed are the "must haves".

It would be nice (but nonessential) to be able to mix the reviews in with the other posts (iow make review a special class of thread, like poll is), but I categories already help to separate them into groups.
looks good i would certainly use it
Awesome.. Go ahead with it, I may use it too.
Awesome, just was searching for one.

I suggest a different ratingsystem:

5 pre-set categories (e.g. actors, book, directing etc. at "films") there you have 5 or 10 stars to choose, the avarage out of these "subratings" makes the complete rating for the movie/book etc.
DonNemesis Wrote:Awesome, just was searching for one.

I suggest a different ratingsystem:

5 pre-set categories (e.g. actors, book, directing etc. at "films") there you have 5 or 10 stars to choose, the avarage out of these "subratings" makes the complete rating for the movie/book etc.
Can you explain your rating system in a bit more detail please? Whats wrong with having the author rate the article out of ten???
Pages: 1 2 3 4