MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB support "vote to ban"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to roll out a new community forum and I don't want to depend on moderators to manage abuse.  I was hoping I could find community forum software that had some kind of self regulation built it so that the community members can vote to ban.  Kind of like how craigslist allows people to "report" posts and the system auto bans after so many registered users report the post.

I think one of the biggest weaknesses of community forums is the lack of self moderation. 

I did a search for this first before posting.  I didn't find anything.

Thanks!
(2016-04-04, 12:26 AM)0x1A4 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to roll out a new community forum and I don't want to depend on moderators to manage abuse.  I was hoping I could find community forum software that had some kind of self regulation built it so that the community members can vote to ban

Yeah, no.
Having such feature in core or via plugin wont be reliable, it will be a problem on huge board. All type's of mindset stereotypes at one place will make your community disappear slowly and silently.  Hope you got my point there!

Quote:I think one of the biggest weaknesses of community forums is the lack of self moderation.  
TBH self moderation is possible using plugin's but to certain extent, above which only human intelligence need's to work.
I wouldn't seeing a plugin where you can vote threads up or down, but if a certain amount of down votes are met, the post is either marked as a reported post or is soft deleted... that's probably as close as you'll get to a working system in my opinion (:
That actually sounds pretty hilarious. I'd be willing to make this if you do decide to go with MyBB.