MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved to another Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What needs to be patched? If you do something incorrectly it's not a bug. As .m. said, the settings.php file (which is only a cache file, how do you think it'd be able to detect changes on upload and update database automatically?) and then the same settings in ACP need to be edited, in this correct order. That's all, most people don't have a problem with that.

Not to mention that you could have changed these settings in ACP before moving, if you knew the new domain.
Please tell me what I did incorrectly when moving this site ?

I followed the instruction on moving the site to a new host and it didn't work so obviously there is a bug,
which is also linked to getting the mass emails to work.

I could of tried changing the settings in the old ACP if I wanted both the sites dead.
\ Wrote:)RAG()N' pid='1215584' dateline='1459942616']
Please tell me what I did incorrectly when moving this site ?

I followed the instruction on moving the site to a new host and it didn't work so obviously there is a bug,
which is also linked to getting the mass emails to work.

I could of tried changing the settings in the old ACP if I wanted both the sites dead.

There is no bug, i have moved many of my sites in the past, You should change all the settings needed on the old site then take a backup and a export of the database and if needed then change them back it takes around 5-10 minutes even less if your only exporting the database for the new host, 5-10 minutes of putting your forum in maintenance mode will not kill a community so you should be ok, 

You could then change them back for the old forum to still be running however you still have the trouble of that anything done on that forum from that point on words is not going to be on the new forum,

Also no need to export the DB if you have phpmyadmin on the host as you can use that to find the lines you dais and change them there Smile
Pages: 1 2