MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installation - 403 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

today I tried to install the MyBB Forum but I got a 403 error during the installation procedure.
I asked the web-hoster and they replied that the Terms of Service of MyBB do have a word included ("Proxy") which is blacklisted by them. So now I would like to know where the TOS file is in MyBB so that I can remove that word oder replace it with a synonym.
I already did a full-text search on all the MyBB files, but only found a few JavaScript files which have the word "proxy" included and I'm not comfordable changing those files and also they don't seem to have anything to do with TOS. Below is the answer I got from my hoster. I could also let them install MyBB, but I fear that if a MyBB update comes out I would have to contact them again and again.
Thanks inĀ  advance for your help.
Alex

This problem with MyBB is a known one for our Free Hosting users - the Terms of Service you need to agree with during the installation procedure contain the string "Proxy" which is breaking our abuse filter - certain words and strings are forbidden on our Free Hosting service, therefore you're being redirected to a 403 Forbidden page.

The rectification of the problem would either be to manually find the file where these Terms of Service are stored and delete the word Proxy wherever you locate it, or try installing a different forum software application. Alternatively, we can manually install MyBB on your domain.
Interesting, i never faced any of such issue, in late day's i was a fan of many free hosting sites...well, if you want me to try then PM me your forum url and ftp access or wait for the staff to reply in your case

proxy word is found in all this files:

admin\jscript\peeker.js
jscripts\jquery.plugins.js
jscripts\jquery.js
(2016-04-04, 09:13 AM)Alex34 Wrote: [ -> ]This problem with MyBB is a known one for our Free Hosting users - the Terms of Service you need to agree with during the installation procedure contain the string "Proxy" which is breaking our abuse filter - certain words and strings are forbidden on our Free Hosting service, therefore you're being redirected to a 403 Forbidden page.

The rectification of the problem would either be to manually find the file where these Terms of Service are stored and delete the word Proxy wherever you locate it, or try installing a different forum software application. Alternatively, we can manually install MyBB on your domain.

That's the issue, it's your host. Nothing we can do.
I understand.
Thanks Ben and darkhk3r for you help!

I've asked the web-hoster (Biz.nf) to install MyBB for me and they did it very fast and good. I assume that the MyBB update process doesn't list the TOS again and so I should be fine once MyBB is up and running.