MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I tried to upgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.2.6. Following the information on the package, I uploaded every except settings.php, config.php and (remember, following upgrade.html) the install directory. Of course, when I ran the upgrade script I ran the old one and the forum stopped working, throwing the following error after a user logs in:

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1'

Then I tried uploading the new install directory and running the new upgrade script, but it keeps throwing the same error. Oh, and thanks to my stupid hosting provider policies, I couldn't backup my db before trying the upgrade.

BTW, these are the current upgrade instructions you can find in upgrade.html

Quote:Version 1.2.x
Unzip the release archive to your computer using an archive utility capable of decompressing the download format you chose (Winzip)
Using an ftp client (FlashFXP), upload the contents of the 'upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following files:

./inc/config.php
./inc/settings.php
./install/ (directory)
Your board should now be updated to this version. Please visit your Admin CP to confirm this.

Is that correct? I always thought that running upgrade.html was always mandatory Sad

Any ideas? Thanks in advance Smile
Make sure you selected 1.2.3 as the one you were upgrading from in the upgrade script and clear your cache after you upgrade.
Thanks for your reply, but I tried that and it's not working Sad
Maybe I should take all my user/posts table and insert them in a fresh install? Is that even possible without having ID/date problems?
No.

First of all it seems your not running the upgrade script properly. Try redownloading the install/ folder from the MyBB Package and deleting the one on your site and overwriting it with the new one, and then navigating to install/upgrade.php and selecting 1.2.3 and then proceed to run the upgrade script.
I did exactly as you said. Deleted the folder, uploaded the new one and ran upgrade.php. Selected 1.2.3 in the combo (it was the default, but I changed it and then reselected 1.2.3, just in case) and everything goes fine. But when I go to my forum I get the very same error.
I forgot to mention, I changed the MySQL user after doing the update. I don't think that's a problem since the admin panel and the upgrade script work fine, but I mention it just in case.

I'll try re uploading everything again, keeping my config.php and settings.php safe. If you think I can try editing something directly using SQL go ahead, there's no need to struggle with some scripts if the problem can be solved with a few commands Big Grin

Many thanks for helping me out Tikitiki Big Grin

Edit: Didn't work, the same problem :_(
Apparently you were wrong when you said you were upgrading from 1.2.3. It's 1.2.2 you were upgrading. Just re-run the upgrade script and instead select 1.2.2 this time.
You were right, I'm very sorry Sad

Forum up and running again, thank you very much for your help and patience Tkitiki Wink