MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing / Hidden Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted about this in the Merge forum, but upon further investigation it wasn't a Merge system issue so I thought I'd do a semi-repost update/ask for help here. If this is frowned upon please let me know to avoid a similar situation in the future.

So over the weekend I migrated from vBulletin 4.2.3 to MyBB 1.8.7. For the most part everything went well. No substantial errors were shown in the export log, yet of theĀ 258,966 posts that were imported MyBB was only listingĀ 125,848. So there are a lot of posts and threads not being shown in MyBB, however these posts and threads are in the database since I've searched them out in phpmyadmin. Even stranger still is that users are reporting that once they go into their profile and click on the Find All Threads - Find All Posts option they can see this "missing" threads/posts and access them. Once they do that the posts are shown again in the forums properly.

So I'm wondering if this is just a caching issue, one that the software and/or server is slowly repopulating accordingly? If not has anyone experienced this problem before and, if so, have you found a way to remedy it?
obvious response :
have you tried recount & rebuild tools available at tools & maintenance section ?
(2016-04-04, 05:02 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]obvious response :
have you tried recount & rebuild tools available at tools & maintenance section ?

Yeah, I have. Thanks for the suggestion though.
You definitely didn't install/upgrade since you merged, so the forum is more wrong now. I'll move it to Merge Support to investigate.

I'm not sure how it'd be possible for threads to appear after they are found in Find All Threads. HAve you experienced that yourself? What's your board URL?
Okay... on a whim I tried the Recount and Rebuild, this time doing every single option as opposed to just threads and posts. This time it worked and the number of threads and posts now mirror what the old forum was. So with that I'm tentatively comfortable this problem is resolved. Thank you again for the assistance with the issues I've been having the last few days.