MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better IP research/management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment with MyBB 1.8 IP research and overall management is kinda bad. I don't know if something like this has been discussed already, but feel free to lock this thread in case it's a duplicate.

Now, what I would like to see in MyBB 2.0 are 2 features:

1) Possibility for a Administrators/Moderators to search a user and get his IP just by using ModCP: at the moment it's just impossible to get an user's IP just by searching his username in the ModCP, even for an Administrator. You either have to use AdminCP (which takes a lot of time sometimes if you are in a hurry) or search an user's post.

2) Log all the user's IPs in both Mod and Admin CP: right now IPs are saved in posts and there is no way to know the old IP addresses a certain user has used just by looking that up using ModCP, I don't get why a popular board like MyBB doesn't have this feature yet..
1) is definitely what I want to see. I think it there's even an issue in 1.8 for something similar.
I'd love to see both of those ideas implemented.

It'd be very nice to be able to click into the ModCP, search for a user and see all IPs used by them. Plus search for posts with those IPs or even see if other users have also used that IP.

I'd also like the option, if a user has set up like spamhaus or stopforumspam, to search through those kinds of resources through the ModCP.