MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: html header title for admin login page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been putting up some BB/fora software for some clients the last few months and have just d/l'd & put up a "check-it-out" installation of MyBB. I'm quite impressed with the the potential here: the coding seems tight; the configurability options are impressive; the coders seem responsive on the board here.

There is one thing--a hack that I've already put in place--that you might want to port into the regular CVS branch: The first thing an administrator setting up MyBB sees after running the install script (couldn't you get rid of the barewords in there, looks rather sloppy if you have E_ALL on, which you should if you're checking out new s/w) is the admin/login page. This page has a blank HTML-header <title>. I've always felt that an html page should title itself (clarifies what it is when the window is minimized or tabbed). The change is easy (as far as I can tell). I have MyBB-1.0rc4 and all that was needed is shown in the following diff:

- [root@localhost admin]# diff global.php global.php.orig
- 116c116
- <       cpheader("$lang->administration_login", 0);
- ---
- >       cpheader("", 0);
- [root@localhost admin]#

It's just a small thing, but <title>'s lend a certain professional look to a piece of s/w. You might want to take a second to drop the change into your code branch.

Good job, BTW