MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free Web Hosting Question (MyBB Hosting)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi MyBB Community,

I'm wondering does anyone know a GOOD free host that isn't "blacklisted"?

And has Unlimited or 300GB Plus Bandwidth  (A good amount for running a game server forums, and good for amount of traffic that come to my website) 

Here is a list of things I'm going to install on my website:
  1. MyBB Forum Software
  2. My Custom-Made Homepage  (HTML version)
  3. BoxBilling  (Not sure yet, this will be used for buying in-game items, so this will help the server costs)
And here is a list of minimum requirements for Free Web Hosting that I would need:
  • 5GB or 10GB Disk Space  (A good amount for the "things" above)
  • 300GB Plus or Unlimited Bandwidth  (A good amount for low to high traffic to my website)
  • 5 Email Accounts  (For staff members, if they don't want to use their personal email)
  • 5 MySQL Databases  (For MyBB forum & BoxBilling)
  • 5 Sub Domains  (For hosting BoxBilling & MyBB on their own subdomain)
  • Softaculous Auto-Script Installer  (For a quick install of BoxBilling & MyBB)
  • cPanel Control Panel and NOT Vesta Control Panel

EDIT: Let's just forget the Bandwidth for now, any good free hosts that aren't blacklisted?

If anyone know a GOOD free host that isn't blacklisted, that will be much appreciated and I might +Rep you as well (if I'm allowed too)

Cheers
300GB plus Bandwidth, seriously? I guess there is no such host that provides unlimited/300GB+ bandwidth for free i will suggest you to buy a VPS according to your needs as in shared hosting you will loose your account because of boxbilling(as it is a billing management ti will require much RAM and CPU usage) and high Bandwidth usage.
(2016-04-05, 01:31 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]300GB plus Bandwidth, seriously? I guess there is no such host that provides unlimited/300GB+ bandwidth for free i will suggest you to buy a VPS according to your needs as in shared hosting you will loose your account because of boxbilling(as it is a billing management ti will require much RAM and CPU usage) and high Bandwidth usage.

Yeah I need a good amount of Bandwidth for my website, since I will probably get a lot of traffic (from everyone accessing the forums). I don't think I will use BoxBilling, I'll have to find something else to use for that bit.

Let's just forget the Bandwidth for now, do you know of any GOOD free hosts that isn't blacklisted?
There are many freehosts, like gigarank.net, serverlux, freeho.st, etc but that depends on usage for your needs i still suggest you get a paid hosting account or a virtual server.
(2016-04-05, 02:27 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]There are many freehosts, like gigarank.net, serverlux, freeho.st, etc but that depends on usage for your needs i still suggest you get a paid hosting account or a virtual server.

Alright thanks, do you have any suggestions or know of a good paid hosts? Like cheap or mid-cheap hosting.
There is no good cheap host, all good hosts have a little high price and for suggestion use Stablehost as it is most rated host on WHT.
(2016-04-05, 11:57 AM)MorganB Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MyBB Community,

I'm wondering does anyone know a GOOD free host that isn't "blacklisted"?

And has Unlimited or 300GB Plus Bandwidth  (A good amount for running a game server forums, and good for amount of traffic that come to my website) 

Here is a list of things I'm going to install on my website:
  1. MyBB Forum Software
  2. My Custom-Made Homepage  (HTML version)
  3. BoxBilling  (Not sure yet, this will be used for buying in-game items, so this will help the server costs)
And here is a list of minimum requirements for Free Web Hosting that I would need:
  • 5GB or 10GB Disk Space  (A good amount for the "things" above)
  • 300GB Plus or Unlimited Bandwidth  (A good amount for low to high traffic to my website)
  • 5 Email Accounts  (For staff members, if they don't want to use their personal email)
  • 5 MySQL Databases  (For MyBB forum & BoxBilling)
  • 5 Sub Domains  (For hosting BoxBilling & MyBB on their own subdomain)
  • Softaculous Auto-Script Installer  (For a quick install of BoxBilling & MyBB)
  • cPanel Control Panel and NOT Vesta Control Panel

EDIT: Let's just forget the Bandwidth for now, any good free hosts that aren't blacklisted?

If anyone know a GOOD free host that isn't blacklisted, that will be much appreciated and I might +Rep you as well (if I'm allowed too)

Cheers

Rolleyes

You seem to have forgotten 110% uptime as well.. Maybe even a dedicated ip for your account... Even a 2 minute response time on support requests....

Your asking for a lot and not trying to pay a penny. cPanel alone is  $15 - $35 a month (someone has to pay for this). Then you want a hogs load of bandwidth (yep someone has to pay for this too). As many cheap providers that are out there, you can't spear a few bucks each month?

If you do find a host willing to offer all that for free, don't be shocked when their service goes dark one day.

Free+Good+cPanel+Not Blacklist = Not happening

The best place to ask this is http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/

Best of luck.
(2016-04-05, 02:09 PM)MorganB Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I need a good amount of Bandwidth for my website, since I will probably get a lot of traffic (from everyone accessing the forums). I don't think I will use BoxBilling, I'll have to find something else to use for that bit.

You would either have to put an absolutely asinine amount of images, JavaScript, CSS, or HTML into your forum design to use that much in a month, unless you already have a huge forum. 300GB is a -LOT- for a forum that's not huge (and you don't have BBO membership here, so I'm going to assume you don't have a forum that's terribly big -- forgive me if I'm mistaken).
(2016-04-06, 05:18 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-05, 02:09 PM)MorganB Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I need a good amount of Bandwidth for my website, since I will probably get a lot of traffic (from everyone accessing the forums). I don't think I will use BoxBilling, I'll have to find something else to use for that bit.

You would either have to put an absolutely asinine amount of images, JavaScript, CSS, or HTML into your forum design to use that much in a month, unless you already have a huge forum. 300GB is a -LOT- for a forum that's not huge (and you don't have BBO membership here, so I'm going to assume you don't have a forum that's terribly big -- forgive me if I'm mistaken).

My web server has used 10GB this week, 300GB is an achievable goal.
Free hosting are orange , Better use cheap hosting or buy own server,

If you can't afford a paid hosting then use amazon aws .
Pages: 1 2 3