MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error 44 after power outage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello myBB Comunity !

I recently started looking into the BB solution and have been enjoying it up until last night when a power surge knocked out my webserver and after rebooting myBB gives error 44.

I have checked out the Faq's and common error messages which claim that this error is when /inc/config.php references either 'mysqli' or 'mysql' when the database differs from this...

I made no change to this file before the error happened and previous to the power outage it was working fine.

even so I tried changing it back and forth just to hope for results but got nothing and error 44 remained.

[Image: error44.png]
Huh

The site i'm working on is www.teamsohard.com/forums/

Any help or recommendations are welcome
please contact your web host and ask to fix it
(2016-04-05, 02:14 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]please contact your web host and ask to fix it

I am hosting the site myself, What would they do to fix it ? lol
Make you MySQL server up running, i can't help you in starting your MySQL server till you share what OS you are using.
The Server is currently on a Raspberry Pi running the current release of Raspbian Jessie.

I have connected to the server via ssh and confirmed that mysql is up and running,

I also logged in with the user account given to mybb and the databases are available to it when running

SHOW DATABASES;
The error message is related to the mysql extension for php. As you're running it yourself, try running the following via SSH and posting the output:

php -m | grep mysql

You should see some output like:

mysqli
mysqlnd
pdo_mysql

If no MySQL extensions are loaded, you'll need to check your php.ini file to make sure the MySQL extensions are enabled, then restart your webserver (or PHP-FPM if you're running it that way).

Also, which version of PHP are you running?
(2016-04-05, 03:05 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The error message is related to the mysql extension for php. As you're running it yourself, try running the following via SSH and posting the output:

php -m | grep mysql

You should see some output like:

mysqli
mysqlnd
pdo_mysql

If no MySQL extensions are loaded, you'll need to check your php.ini file to make sure the MySQL extensions are enabled, then restart your webserver (or PHP-FPM if you're running it that way).

Also, which version of PHP are you running?

Im running PHP 5.6.19-0+deb8u1,

Your PHP command returned nothing so im looking into editing my php.ini file,

However this just seems strange because everything was up and running for hours yesterday and no changes to php.ini have been made in months....
Yes, this seems very odd. I wouldn't have expected a power cut to cause such problems and have certainly never seen it happen before myself.

Can you remember how you installed PHP? Was it via the repositories or compiled manually?
It was via the repos and i have never had a problem with anything php or mysql related prior to this.

All i can think of is that some file involved in the php/mysql connection has become corrupted during the outage and is giving a false flag error code.

Im just going to back up my theme as that is all that was on mine and try to reinstall mybb.
Alright, try reinstalling php-mysql first:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall php5-mysql
Pages: 1 2