MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Style editing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I just installed mybb and right off the bat, not that impressed.
I wanted to make my own theme for it but when you click to edit the css there is only settings for body!

Where are all the other settings added or edited?

ta
Creative Insanity Wrote:Ok I just installed mybb and right off the bat, not that impressed.
I wanted to make my own theme for it but when you click to edit the css there is only settings for body!

Where are all the other settings added or edited?

ta

Greetings Creative Insanity...,

Why not try it a bit longer before knocking it..., we all get dissapointed in what we cannot figure out. So know that you are getting a chance to learn how..., maybe you will find that MyBB is actually very impressive.., we all gotta start somewhere. Big Grin

To answer your question this is how:

ACP>Templates>Modify/Delete

Select your Template and select expand

Now select whatever template you want to edit and select edit.

For the CSS style edits try:

ACP>Themes>Modify/Delete

Find the theme you want to edit and select go.

Edit away to your hearts content. Toungue

Also you should try reading these:

Admin_CP_Themes

Templates_and_Themes

Authoring_Templates_and_Themes
yeah maybe I was a little fast. I found the error to be FF rather than the package. As I also noticed that all the left panel was not showing and stopped at the language title and nothing more. So I opened it in safari and all was revealed.

But I am only use to VBB and IPB and I find some of the terminology hard to understand.
Like what does Page Container and Content Container refer to?
Is there an image with these listed so I can better understand what is being changed?
Creative Insanity Wrote:yeah maybe I was a little fast. I found the error to be FF rather than the package. As I also noticed that all the left panel was not showing and stopped at the language title and nothing more. So I opened it in safari and all was revealed.

But I am only use to VBB and IPB and I find some of the terminology hard to understand.
Like what does Page Container and Content Container refer to?
Is there an image with these listed so I can better understand what is being changed?

Page Container:

This is the container that contains all the other elements. This is the white box that contains the entire page, inside the grey background, by default.

Content Container:

These settings will affect the box that contains the content of the page.
Ok.. thanks.. I am starting to understand. (I think) hehe