MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Board got hacked and how do I change password database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tonight my message board got hackd into. They deleted a bunch of threads. Is there a way for me to find out who did this so I can ban there ip address? Also is there a way to change the password of the database? I know how to change it on the database but how do I change it for the messageboard or is this not possible.
Check your Moderator Logs in your AdminCP. Maybe it was one of your mods who did it.
Animal24 Wrote:Check your Moderator Logs in your AdminCP.  Maybe it was one of your mods who did it.

Can I still check that if I already reuploaded a back up version, but I don't think that is it because I only have two Mods and I am very good friends with
for how to change your db password on mybb
you will need to edit, inc/config.php and find you db pass (the old pass) and change it to the new one Smile
Well you said your posts were deleted right? Do you still have the one that was screwed with still? (The one where the posts are gone and what not.) If you do, check the Moderator Logs and see if it was one of your mods who did this.....

For all you know, once you set up another back up they'll do it again.....
Animal24 Wrote:Well you said your posts were deleted right? Do you still have the one that was screwed with still? (The one where the posts are gone and what not.) If you do, check the Moderator Logs and see if it was one of your mods who did this.....

For all you know, once you set up another back up they'll do it again.....
Well I know one of my Mods would have done this because I know them and trust them. The only way it could have been one of them is if someone else got a hold of their account.
Pray tell me what version of MyBB you are using, dear Sir?
Yes what version are you using?
Version number 1.2.6
Thank-you for this information.
Now, do you recall any odd things happening before your forum was "so called hacked"?
Such as some settings messing up, not being able to access your database, or anything out of the ordinary?

Dr Small
Pages: 1 2 3