MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a theme that supports MyAlerts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed a new theme (I already have MyAlerts installed) after i enabled the the (Things goes wrong) the MyAlerts got disabled any idea? or is there a theme that supports my alerts?
The problem is MyAlerts plugin adds the variable inside the header_welcomeblock_member template and most of the theme do not use the same variables used in default theme.
It is very easy to add myalerts in any theme though, add the {$myalerts_headericon} in your header_welcomeblock_member template and you will have the alerts working.
You may have to modify the theme templates and css further depending on the usage but in most cases the above should be fine.

Regards
WallBB
whenever a new theme is installed, you need to either deactivate and reactivate the plugins or add the required variables of each plugin in respective templates.. plugins which are installed prior to adding the theme will not work on newly installed theme as the new theme will not have the required variables in their templates..
(2016-04-07, 06:50 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]whenever a new theme is installed, you need to either deactivate and reactivate the plugins or add the required variables of each plugin in respective templates.. plugins which are installed prior to adding the theme will not work on newly installed theme as the new theme will not have the required variables in their templates..

This.

It's good practice when setting up a forum to get in the habit of having your theme(s) set up and ready for vanilla then get your plugins setup after.  Makes things so much easier making necessary amendments and troubleshooting further down the line.