MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my feedback and feature requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have found MyBB to be fantastic! And then some ideas popped into my head about how it could be made even better....
  • the MyCode buttons in the posting page could look nicer and load faster if it used java-script to display instead of images (or atleast some way in AdminCP to disable images but still have these buttons available). Yes, I know that this feature (of images in MyCode block) was taken from vBulletin, but in fact vB is slower because of having too many images in posting screen.
  • The "similar topics" function was great (even though its still in development).
  • I would like friendly URLs to somehow be avaialble - either through some AdminCP option or a Search-Engine indexable forum archive.

• And then I saw 2 bugs in the RC4 release. Sad
    1. After installing MyBB, if you go into AdminCP and go to "Manage Forums", then the page keeps loading something in an infinite loop. But if you first create a forum and then enter to manage forums, then its all fine.
    2. I see messages from the board all over, using variables without having parsed them. (for example, in my installations, the profile page has this as one of the lines:
      Email: Send %1$s an email.)
The #2 bug report has already been fixed for RC4. Simple download the security posted on 21 Mar 05. Check the announcement forum right above this one for the download. Simple upload the files. (They will overwrite older ones.)