MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows Vienna Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sheesh. That skin looks like an IPB Rip.
DrPoodle Wrote:
Cool_Guy Wrote:Poodle: 2009 means 2009. Microsoft has said that it WILL ship in 2009.
Are you being ignorant or something? The same guys at Microsoft said Vista would ship in 2003...and here we are 4 years later...

Microsoft's release estimates are never right...

Though I do agree Microsoft never ships on time they had a legit reason this time.

The reason it didn't ship in 2003 was because the XP worm outbreak set them back. They had to drop working on Vista to get XP security updates.

labrocca Wrote:
Quote:Asad_Niazi: The IP.B theme is for tempoary use.

If it's just temporary why use an illegal theme? Why not just use the Mybb theme? It's NOT a bad looking theme by far. It's disrespectful to the mybb team imho to pretend to have an IPB site when in reality you are using mybb. I wish Mybb would take a better stance on that.

Other than that a windowsviennaforums you do have some TM problems. "Windows Vista" is the TM as will "Windows Vienna"...not just vienna. You may or may not get hassle from MS over it. Normally if you have a legit fan site with regular google ads they tend to leave you alone. Whatever you do don't park the domain name is they regularly view parked companies like Sedo and go after the names via lawsuits.

Whenever Vienna ships doesn't matter...2009 is around the corner and even if it was 2012..well that's just a few years away too. As you get older years sort of have a different meaning.

Good luck on the site.

How is that skin illegal? The site he got it from gave him permission that site owns the skin.
Fine, I went back to the MyBB default...

When I got it the theme, I didn't know that it was using the Invision images.

Quote:Normally if you have a legit fan site with regular Google ads they tend to leave you alone. Whatever you do don't park the domain name is they regularly view parked companies like Sedo and go after the names via lawsuits.
I'm planning to simply make it a forum to discuss windows, and there will be no ads for now. I may put text link and/or commission junction later.
Pages: 1 2