MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post-transfer issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I moved a forum I run to a new host a while back and have come up against a couple of unusual issues. I'm wondering if anybody might have some ideas of their potential cause and remedies? I'm on a shared server with cPanel.

The first is the performance of accessing the forum. The forum root page is reasonably responsive, loading in a second or two. However, it can take quite a while to access the forums themselves. Once in there, threads can be a bit more responsive, but they're still noticeably slow at times. How would I start investigating this and is it potentially an issue with optimising MyBB for the server it's on or is it more likely an issue with the server itself?

The second issue is where posts are created, but then aren't displayed to the OP and sometimes others. The posts do eventually display, though. This didn't happen on the old server. I can't think of why this might happen, though. Again, where should I start with troubleshooting?

The front-page is at http://thepirateship.info.
yes, could be problem with the server itself. however you should post forum url so that someone can check
Thanks. I've updated with the URL.

The forum has minimal traffic (a dozen posters a day, at most?), so I wouldn't have thought that it would be particularly heavy on resource requirements.
guests do not have access to your forum.
moreover from the forum url, it looks like your forum doesn't meet MyBB support eligibility policy.
Sorry, I didn't get an email notification of a reply to the thread.

That's correct - it's a closed members forum.

I wasn't aware of a support eligibility policy. I'll look in to that.

Edit: just so I'm clear, which aspect of forum appears not to meet the eligibility criteria? There's a link to MyBB.com in the footer.