MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What PHP versions are compatible with MyBB 1.6 and 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And not an issue with php,
1.8.12 runs fine with php 7.
(2017-07-09, 12:31 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-09, 12:26 PM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8.12 appears to be incompatible with php 7.0 or 7.1
For me at least changing to either of these results in

"MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support."

Changing back to php 5.6 restores normal functionality

You're php version 7.0 and 7.1 don't load the sql extension. It is not an issue with mybb.

Hi thanks - when running php 7 or 7.1, the SQL extension is definitely available to MYBB (as confirmed by web hosting company) - see attachment (screenshot of php.info).
It seems that for some reason other than availability, MyBB is failing to load it. 

What could that reason be?
(2017-07-10, 01:25 AM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that for some reason other than availability, MyBB is failing to load it. 

Nup, every time I've had this exact error it is because of a PHP misconfiguration (or perhaps, PHP-FPM just needs to be kicked in the pants and restarted)
(2017-07-10, 02:29 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-10, 01:25 AM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that for some reason other than availability, MyBB is failing to load it. 

Nup, every time I've had this exact error it is because of a PHP misconfiguration (or perhaps, PHP-FPM just needs to be kicked in the pants and restarted)
Thanks - I tried again at web host, and on the strength of your info they  went  to higher tier support and found yes, they indeed needed to do more set up to get things working properly (something to do with adding mySQLi for some reason, even though myBB is not using it to my knowledge)
(2017-07-10, 03:25 AM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ](something to do with adding mySQLi for some reason, even though myBB is not using it to my knowledge)

You shouldn't be using mysql* in this day and age anyway, it should all be mysqli* - which are both php_mysql modules. MyBB, last time I checked, used mysqli*.

That's where your confusion is coming from.
Pages: 1 2