MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member Area - Mod Database - Software Download - Link Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This could also go with my other idea. Maybe a Member Area sorta thing. When you join this forum a account for the member area is made.

Like every thing is organized. Maybe MyBB Downloads for the newest version and older versions. Then MyBB Fixes...

What I mean is...

- Security Updates

- MyBB Downloads

- Offical Mod Database

- Offical Skin Database

- Offical Link Database

Like the above would be in a Member Area. So when you join this forum you are given a Member Area account.

This would be so that every thing is organized and clean. Updates and downloads are in one place. Get what i'm saying?
Hi Joel,
Yup I get what you mean....
I'd say we just have to make such a thread ourselves - someone who visits the site frequently take the responsibility (and edit post to update regularly), and a mod can just sticky the topic.
Joel Wrote:This could also go with my other idea. Maybe a Member Area sorta thing. When you join this forum a account for the member area is made.

Like every thing is organized. Maybe MyBB Downloads for the newest version and older versions. Then MyBB Fixes...

What I mean is...

- Security Updates

- MyBB Downloads

- Offical Mod Database

- Offical Skin Database

- Offical Link Database

Like the above would be in a Member Area. So when you join this forum you are given a Member Area account.

This would be so that every thing is organized and clean. Updates and downloads are in one place. Get what i'm saying?
That sounds more like what the administration panel should be like.
Yes. Very interesting idea. I would be happy to do this (im on several times a day so can update it regually) once gold comes out, because atm, only 2 skins, and 4 updates, all eaily found, can be put in it.
So sort of like a BetaConnection type site except instead of Beta you have downloads and uploads?

* Dennis Tsang is confused

Or is this a new forum idea?

* Dennis Tsang is more confused
He means that when you join here, you get access to a page, like other.php where all latest security updates, mods/theme released etc are added, or a thread that does the same thing. Which one will go will depend on what Chris thinks of the idea.
Too vB'ey.
Not really because if it also has official mods, styles, and has new files pertaining to certain bug fixes then thats what... 3x more than vB? Big Grin
Most things (themes/langauges/downloads/news) are announced in the Annoucnments forum anyway, arn't they?
Yes but he's talking about a database for it all. So we won't have to put the downloads in attachments, we can just upload them and it'll all be organized.