MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: localhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I need to know, how I install MyBB. I have localhost, I need to create database in phpmyadmin or what? Please I need help!

If someone help me in privately, you can just add me skype: wearetheheroes
Yes. Create a database, upload everything to your document root (if you're using XAMPP it would be htdocs) then navigate to http://localhost/install
All you have to do is

1. Create a database

Navigate to phpMyAdmin, create a new database and user

2. Place the unzipped MyBB files in localhost folder ( name the folder mybb )

htdocs for XAMPP

var/www/html for LAMP

www for WAMP

3. Navigate to localhost/mybb

Or whatever folder name you have given for localhost server folder.
I installed mybb in Filezilla first, do I have to do database also in phpmyadmin?
^ yes, creating database is also required. (see search results for detailed guidance - few videos also exist)
You would need to manually setup your database and user via say phpmyadmin and copy files to your localhost htdocs directory then navigate in your browser to localhost/install or depending on your localhost then navigate to localhost:"portnumber"/install etc, etc.

Now if you were using say KSWEB for android..., that would also require a manual db and forum install. As you can see each operating system as well as each different variant of localhost environment as well as depending on operating system used will have slightly different yet similar setup steps.

If any of that is difficult, you could always use a rather handy tool that simplifies installation of your localhost and has a version for whatever operating system you are using found here:  https://bitnami.com/stack/mybb/installer

* if you do use the bitnami installer it is a simple button click of an install and during the install process your user is setup. After said simple install it should take you to: localhost:8080/ which is a landing page that has a link to your newly installed forum. In the future if you wanted to just directly visit your forum you would then just visit:  localhost:8080/mybb & localhost:8080/mybb/admin and start using your forum. To access phpmyadmin you would visit 127.0.0.1:8080/phpmyadmin/

Turning your bitnami localhost on or off is as simple as two button clicks.
Navigate to localhost/phpmyadmin
Click on the thing on the left which says new name your database anything like mybb and make sure it's latin1_swedish_ci after that put the mybb folder in the htdocs folder which should be C:/xampp/htdocs and then navigate to localhost/install
Localhost/mybb - page not found
Please someone help me it for teamviewer?
Are you on Ubuntu / Linux ? In that case you need to set proper permissions as well.

Navigate to your htdocs /www folder and use the following command on Terminal

sudo chmod 777 -R mybb