MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trash can forum Plug-in compatible with 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear All;

I need a plug-in like "Trash can forum" compatible with MYBB 1.8.X.
if anyone can do it contact me please.
Last time when i checked that plug with 1.8, it worked. Did you change/edit compatibility to "18*" in plugin ?

return array(
        'name'                => 'Trash Can Forum',
        'description'        => 'Deleted Threads Will Automatically be moved to this forum',
        'website'            => '',
        'author'            => 'CraKteR',
        'authorsite'        => 'mailto:[email protected]',
        'version'            => '2.0',
        'guid'                => '732aeadd8e2572f35884cdb76bf8a398',
        'compatibility'     => '16*',

http://mods.mybb.com/view/trash-can-forum
yes I did it, but plug-in was not activated and show error in line #121 (I think)
but why need a plugin for that in 1.8... you can enable the Soft delete functionality so that the post/thread would not deleted permanently..

if you insist on moving those posts to a trash forum, then just create a new forum which will be used as trash can.. and then, add a new Post Mod tool, which will soft delete the post and then split it and move it to the trash forum...
(2016-04-10, 11:04 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]but why need a plugin for that in 1.8... you can enable the Soft delete functionality so that the post/thread would not deleted permanently..

if you insist on moving those posts to a trash forum, then just create a new forum which will be used as trash can.. and then, add a new Post Mod tool, which will soft delete the post and then split it and move it to the trash forum...

thank for your reply but soft delete or manually move post to specified forum is good but I need like mentioned plug-in to do this automatically,
if anyone can help me please contact me.
(2016-04-10, 11:04 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]but why need a plugin for that in 1.8... you can enable the Soft delete functionality so that the post/thread would not deleted permanently..

I should long debate over this, Suppose we enable soft delete (It's enabled by default).

Scenario:
 Suppose i grant my members delete post permission, members delete the post using delete feature. Now what if i want to restore that post ? how will i do that  ? unless i have trash can or a custom plugin which would only show / enforce soft delete option to members or group
(2016-04-12, 04:39 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]

I should long debate over this, Suppose we enable soft delete (It's enabled by default).

Scenario:
 Suppose i grant my members delete post permission, members delete the post using delete feature. Now what if i want to restore that post ? how will i do that  ? unless i have trash can or a custom plugin which would only show / enforce soft delete option to members or group

yes, you right, but due to some policy in my site and some moderating issue I need like that plug-in.
(2016-04-12, 04:39 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]I should long debate over this, Suppose we enable soft delete (It's enabled by default).

Scenario:

if soft delete is enabled for users from ACP >> Configuration >> Posting, then the posts deleted by users are just hidden from public view and will be visible to mods and admins.. the posts will not be removed permanently.. those posts will now have a restore button instead of delete button, clicking which will restore the post back...
To me the soft delete is very similar to hide posts. This is a very requested mod on many mybb sites. I guess we need to find another solution, as soft delete is not what we are looking for.
(2016-04-17, 07:51 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]To me the soft delete is very similar to hide posts. This is a very requested mod on many mybb sites. I guess we need to find another solution, as soft delete is not what we are looking for.

yes, i agree with you.
if soft delete is useful for me I did not requested new plug-in.
I need 'Trash can forum Plug-in compatible with 1.8" and if anyone can do this please contact me, if it is paid plug-in I`ll pay the cost.
Pages: 1 2