MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my forum suddenly very slow....especially when posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
sure....i created a new forum on my board:

http://forum.misfitisland.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15

you can log in as cboulton / mybb

(i created this in hopes someone would offer to log in and time it from their end)....Smile
Generated in 0.2361829 seconds (23.19% PHP / 76.81% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 11 / Parsing 0.0004451 / Global Parsing Time: 0.2143321
PHP version: 4.3.10 / Server Load: 1.24 / GZip Compression: Enabled

I'm using a RoadRunner wireless cable connection at 11 Mbps. The given page loaded almost instantly.Those statistics are what I got when I logged in to your forum. By the way, you shouldn't use those vB status icons, as they are copyrighted, and only authorized for use by vB customers.
Confused Im on dial up and it loaded fast
Quote:Generated in 0.0915079 seconds (73.96% PHP / 26.04% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 11 / Parsing 0.0005021 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0695758
PHP version: 4.3.10 / Server Load: 0.89 / GZip Compression: Enabled

btw, I wouldn't do what you have with that account. Soemone can delete you board, shut it down, take away your perms etc, so take them off admin NOW!!!!!
I think you have the permissions backwards on the user group you put 'cboulton' under. Fix the permissions on the user group and then I will check it out Toungue
thank you...i left the two radio buttons that made the account a super moderator and give access to admin panel when i created the account. should be fixed now.

and i didn't realize the copyright on the vb buttons. thank you for the information.

again, page loads quickly...just posting and replying are slow...

thanks!!
oh...and the forum password is test
lol. It is the images and javascript that make it slow loading for me. Go to User CP > Options > Untick "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages."

And see if that makes a difference for you, it did for me.
unstuck the 'show the mycode formatting' and i got 6 seconds on a new thread and 6 seconds on the reply....a bit of an improvement.
The 6 seconds will be the images needing to be loaded. Try turning off post icons if you dont think they are needed. To do that, go to the forum, edit it and put "Allow Post Icons" to no. Then save.
i'll give that a shot.

although, they have been on from day 1. i haven't made any changes to anything in the last month or so....it just started one day and hasn't corrected itself and nothing i've done has helped....just an fyi....
Pages: 1 2 3