MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: moderator can't view IP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i want to set moderator's cannot view all users IP, so like registered permission, they are can't view IP
how do that?
(2016-04-12, 03:42 AM)call911 Wrote: [ -> ]i want to set moderator's cannot view all users IP, so like registered permission, they are can't view IP
how do that?

You can simply disable that in Admin CP > Forum Management

* select the forum
* edit the moderator
* uncheck the "Can View IPs" permission.

[Image: npooyr.png]

You can simply disable IP search for modcp in that in Admin CP > User & Groups > Groups

* select the user group
* edit the user groups "Moderators" & "Super Moderators"
* select "Moderator CP" tab in each
* uncheck the "Can use IP search" permission.
* in the  "Miscellaneous" tab under "Who's Online" uncheck "Can view IP addresses on who's online?"

[Image: 66kef8.png]
ah, never try that before Big Grin
thank you broo, 1 rate for u :*

===================UPDATE===================

they still can view IP in all showthread Sad

[Image: 5vsso4.jpg]
(2016-04-12, 07:31 AM)call911 Wrote: [ -> ]ah, never try that before Big Grin
thank you broo, 1 rate for u :*

===================UPDATE===================

they still can view IP in all showthread Sad

hmm, strange..., it works perfectly fine for moderators doing the steps I suggested..., but yes you are correct as it seems to not fully work with super moderators.

Since it does work for moderators you could just downgrade your super mods to moderators status for the time being.

If you don't want to do that, here is just a thought but, you could try temporarily commenting out the code in: Post Bit Templates > postbit_iplogged_hiden

Edit Template: postbit_iplogged_hiden

<!--{$lang->postbit_ipaddress} <a href="moderation.php?action={$action}&amp;{$idtype}={$post[$idtype]}">{$lang->postbit_ipaddress_logged}</a>-->

As that may temporarily achieve what you are trying to do after following my previous instructions for both moderators and super moderators.

Too tired currently to look into this further but I would assume that for someone to fully achieve a solution to why it isn't working for super mods one would have to perhaps look into some edits to: inc/functions_post.php at around line 697 or so as perhaps might be needing to be made?
yap bro, only group moderators is working, but not work with supermoderators above,
nvm, i will try to your 1st answer, thank you daddyo ^_^ its very helped
call911 how did you remove that IP on postbit?

(2016-04-26, 10:20 AM)Black Box Wrote: [ -> ]call911 how did you remove that IP on postbit?

like post #2
or set your staff to moderator's options, and they can't view the ip's, cause only admin and super moderator can view the ip's
@call911

Still not working!

i just want to remove that IP in that Postbit..

no settings in ACP will remove that IP button..

what mybb version are you using? im using MYBB 1.8.7

can anyone mybb staff help me to?
(2016-04-30, 11:50 AM)Black Box Wrote: [ -> ]@call911

Still not working!

i just want to remove that IP in that Postbit..

no settings in ACP will remove that IP button..

what mybb version are you using? im using MYBB 1.8.7

can anyone mybb staff help me to?

Go To ACP > Templates & Styles  > Templates > Your Template > Post bit templates > postbit_iplogged_show

{$lang->postbit_ipaddress} {$ipaddress}

I hope this helped,Thanks.
Hollyanne Edgerton from GTA 5 - Modding Community

'    ᖽᐸ  ᖽᐸ
(2016-04-30, 12:23 PM)H2e Wrote: [ -> ]Go To ACP > Templates & Styles  > Templates > Your Template > Post bit templates > postbit_iplogged_show

{$lang->postbit_ipaddress} {$ipaddress}

Thank but, Still not working the IP logged is still there.. Sad
Pages: 1 2