MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text Box Theme / Colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been searching around for awhile now and have had no such luck.  I was wondering how can I change the theme of this text box?  It is the one for full editing posts and new replies to threads.  I want to have a darker theme to match the rest of the website.  Also is it possible to turn off "Source mode" by default?  Looks like the mybb site can do this.

[Image: eeae8e2985.png]
You need to edit manually the files of the SCEditor, located in the jscripts folder of MyBB.
(2016-04-12, 01:14 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]You need to edit manually the files of the SCEditor, located in the jscripts folder of MyBB.

Thanks for the help!  Would you know how to change default settings so when people open Sceditor on my forum the "View Source" will be turned off automatically?
(2016-04-14, 04:46 AM)Scoopy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-12, 01:14 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]You need to edit manually the files of the SCEditor, located in the jscripts folder of MyBB.

Thanks for the help!  Would you know how to change default settings so when people open Sceditor on my forum the "View Source" will be turned off automatically?

Sorry if i'm mistaken about 'html source' or 'SCEditor view source'

"View Source" cannot be disabled, there are limitations even you do that using javascript. Examples are bank websites, they dont allow view source or right click etc, but still an simple browser built in features can display the 'source'

If you want to hide source then you can encrypt the source onfly (obfuscate) , i had seen plugin for this over word-press
(2016-04-14, 04:50 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]

"View Source" cannot be disabled, there are limitations even you do that using javascript. Examples are bank websites, they dont allow view source or right click etc, but still an simple browser built in features can display the 'source'

If you want to hide source then you can encrypt the source onfly (obfuscate) , i had seen plugin for this over word-press
Maybe Op is talking about the one on the editor.
(2016-04-14, 04:54 AM)RZeroX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-14, 04:50 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe Op is talking about the one on the editor.

For clarification I want this button to be disabled by default.  The MYbb website seems to have this.

[Image: 5af922c54f.png]
user control panel has such option for the members.
user control panel >> edit options >> Other Options --> Put the editor in source mode by default <-- select yes & save

to put it for all users, you can try below SQL queries (see this guidance if required)
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `sourceeditor` `sourceeditor` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1';
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '1' WHERE `sourceeditor` = '0';
(2016-04-14, 07:21 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]user control panel has such option for the members.
user control panel >> edit options >> Other Options --> Put the editor in source mode by default <-- select yes & save

to put it for all users, you can try below SQL queries (see this guidance if required)
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `sourceeditor` `sourceeditor` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1';
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '1' WHERE `sourceeditor` = '0';

It looks like this method is indeed working will all newly signed up members.  Thank you for helping with my final question.

Thanks to everyone for the help!  My editor is starting to look very nice!