MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i backup everything?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure what i need to back up incase something goes wrong, and i also don't know how to restore the backups if i need to restore.
Usually you only need to backup your database AdminCP -> Tools & Maintenance - > Database Backup
If you have a custom theme, I'd suggest copying those over too.
Just connect through FTP and copy the theme files over, or maybe even the config files if you really want to.
Are you on cPanel? Assuming you are, another option would be to generate full cPanel backups. You can give these to your web hosting provider to restore in the event you need to do so.

A full cPanel backup would include everything (files, databases, emails and so on).

If you're not on cPanel then you could ask your web hosting provider what backup tools they provide / you can use.

The plus side to this is that your web host should be able to restore it for you if you provide them with the generated backups.
(2016-04-13, 12:41 PM)Alex - A2Hosting Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on cPanel? Assuming you are, another option would be to generate full cPanel backups. You can give these to your web hosting provider to restore in the event you need to do so.

A full cPanel backup would include everything (files, databases, emails and so on).

If you're not on cPanel then you could ask your web hosting provider what backup tools they provide / you can use.

The plus side to this is that your web host should be able to restore it for you if you provide them with the generated backups.

Thanks. And yes, i am on cPanel
(2016-04-13, 08:48 PM)lem999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-13, 12:41 PM)Alex - A2Hosting Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on cPanel? Assuming you are, another option would be to generate full cPanel backups. You can give these to your web hosting provider to restore in the event you need to do so.

Thanks. And yes, i am on cPanel

Awesome. Here is a link that should work for most cPanel providers: https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/cpanel/cpan...es/backups

The article above goes over how to backup and restore backups yourself. You can only restore a partial backup yourself but you can give your web host the full cPanel backup and they should be able to restore it for you.