MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Increase Post Number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of our admin accidentally deleted a thread. We have a backup database but I don't want to restore the entire thing for just one thread. Is there a way to increase the post count of threads, preferably in the Print Thread option, so I can then export it as a PDF? I'd prefer to get all 6500 posts in one fell swoop.
Couldn't you just restore the table which has the missing thread?

or would that not be ok?
(2016-04-13, 12:35 PM)Kekko Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't you just restore the table which has the missing thread?

or would that not be ok?

It would if I knew how to do it. I'm not real good with SQL. Are you saying export the single table of the missing thread then just import it into the current database, or is there a way to restore a deleted table via SQL command?

If exporting the table and reimporting it into the current one, isn't there the potential to overwriting another table in the database?
from the backup - you have to export deleted thread row from threads table,
many rows of posts from the posts table which were part of that thread
and import them into existing database.
(2016-04-13, 03:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]from the backup - you have to export deleted thread row from threads table,
many rows of posts from the posts table which were part of that thread
and import them into existing database.

Got it. Thanks so much!