MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global intval() checks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw the code modifications for the 1.2.6 update, which made me wonder why the intval() checks aren't global to begin with. Wouldn't it be cleaner to code and simpler to manage if the input variables are cleaned in class_core.php, instead of having the intval() functions scattered across the various documents? Maybe you guys implemented this for 1.4, and that's great, but if you didn't this is a suggestion Smile

I hope you understand what I mean.

And by the way, MyBB is awesome.
Origin Wrote:I just saw the code modifications for the 1.2.6 update, which made me wonder why the intval() checks aren't global to begin with. Wouldn't it be cleaner to code and simpler to manage if the input variables are cleaned in class_core.php, instead of having the intval() functions scattered across the various documents? Maybe you guys implemented this for 1.4, and that's great, but if you didn't this is a suggestion Smile

I hope you understand what I mean.

And by the way, MyBB is awesome.

We actually already do it for tid, pid, uid, eid, pmid, fid, aid globally across the board and will be extending it with the new variables in 1.4.

Regards,
Chris.
Ah, that's nice to know. Thanks for the response Smile