MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation problem: PJIRC Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install PJIRC Chat Version 1.1 on my forums but I need to find out where I can get this information so it will work...

Quote:2. Enter the details (Server and channel) in the settings in your Admin-CP.

Thanks!
The server would be the host that your channel is located on (e.g. Quakenet) and the channel would be the room that your people would chat in on that host (e.g. #CHANNELNAME).
Thanks for the reply! but i'm still kinda lost! Sorry I'm still a newbie to all this. My host provider is GoDaddy, so thats what I would but in? And for the chat room channel, where do I get that?
explorerchic Wrote:Thanks for the reply! but i'm still kinda lost! Sorry I'm still a newbie to all this. My host provider is GoDaddy, so thats what I would but in? And for the chat room channel, where do I get that?

No ... irc != hostserver ; First you need to create a channel on a irc-server [QuakeNet, UnderNet, ... ], then you can fill in those boxes.
First Install mIRC [ http://www.mirc.com/install.html ] , connect to a irc-server, list of those you can find on google/... , then create a channel on that server, howto? That depends on what server you are ... i only know it for KreyNet, so you will need to look it up for the server you choose.
Hmmm, i kinda follow you. I think I'm in over my head...lol Does mybb have one thats easier to install. Sorry to be a pain
it's not difficult really....all you need to find is a name of an irc-server that allows you to set up channels
so enter something like:

irc.oceanius.com in the first box and #explorerchic in the other box (don't forget the hash-mark) and you're all set! Obviously change the channelname (#explorerchic) with whatever you want...

trust me...you won't find any chat that is this easy to set up with your forum...I mean activate plugin...type in those 2 values...and you're done!

I chose irc.oceanius.com because it allowed me to register and protect a channel as well...although I really never use it....don't know if my users do though...
Ah ok, so I just go to irc.oceanius and register a channelname?
Yep
Hi, I was surprised to see our name listed on here as a network to register a channel on. Folks are definitely more than welcome to start a channel up on the Oceanius IRC Network (irc.oceanius.com). We have a small group of servers that have proven themselves to be extremely reliable over the last few years. Hope to see a few of you soon. Smile

Also, if you require any help, feel free to e-mail [email protected] and/or talk to a staff member in #lobby and we'll get you sorted out!

Cheers,
Alex

EDIT: Forgot to mention yesterday that we have two quick tutorials available online for first-time IRC users and channel owners.
How to connect to Oceanius IRC: http://www.oceanius.com/irc_connecting.php
How to found a channel on Oceanius IRC: http://www.oceanius.com/irc_foundingchannel.php