MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Claims admin page doesn't exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my second experience with uploading and installing mybb to servers and this time I hit a different problem than the first time :p

I have followed the documentation and confirmed that permissions are to spec.

The instance of mybb I'm working on is at http://45.55.147.207/forums/

The error when trying to log into the admin section says

"/var/www/html/forums/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist"

This file does exist and has the 666 permissions as required.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016-04-13_at_3.22.50_PM.png]

Any help is appreciated !
(2016-04-13, 07:30 PM)alexxsawyer Wrote: [ -> ]This is my second experience with uploading and installing mybb to servers and this time I hit a different problem than the first time :p

"/var/www/html/forums/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist"

Just a random thought, but have you tried chmod 644  all files & all directories chmod 755 unless specified to chmod the few specific files and directories to chmod 777?

Like just for this random example whenever I download mybb:

cd htdocs/forum

curl http://resources.mybb.com/downloads/mybb_1807.zip -o mybb_1807.zip
unzip mybb_1807.zip "Upload/*"
mv Upload/* .
rm -Rf Upload mybb_1807.zip
mv inc/config.default.php inc/config.php

chmod -R 0777 cache uploads inc/settings.php inc/config.php

notice the only permissions on the last line? All the rest usually remain 755 for directories and 644 for files and works just fine
chmod -R 0777 cache uploads inc/settings.php inc/config.php
(2016-04-13, 08:13 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-13, 07:30 PM)alexxsawyer Wrote: [ -> ]This is my second experience with uploading and installing mybb to servers and this time I hit a different problem than the first time :p

Just a random thought, but have you tried chmod 644  all files & all directories chmod 755 unless specified to chmod the few specific files and directories to chmod 777?

if you could try and clear that up by breaking it into multiple statements I would appreciate it lol
(2016-04-13, 08:28 PM)alexxsawyer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-13, 08:13 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

if you could try and clear that up by breaking it into multiple statements I would appreciate it lol

Haha.., yeah I am tired.., and when you claimed the file was indeed there for some reason reading the "the Devil's read/write permission" made me ask if your permissions were all correct? lol, sorry. In a nutshell what I was saying was make sure and double check that files are 644 and folders should be 755.
Hello
First: Delete your ".htaccess" file from home folder (If it's not there or hidden by default then create new empty ".htaccess" )

Second: Delete this file "global.lang.php" from said path in your first post. Now upload fresh copy of that file and don't CHMOD, Now kindly visit this page http://45.55.147.207/forums/admin/index....dule=tools and it will show you if directories and files are properly CHMOD'd in "CHMOD Files and Directories"

[Image: 8af8edda3e364744a1081b47224f7fe9.png]
(2016-04-14, 04:06 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
First: Delete your ".htaccess" file from home folder (If it's not there or hidden by default then create new empty ".htaccess" )

Second: Delete this file "global.lang.php" from said path in your first post. Now upload fresh copy of that file and don't CHMOD, Now kindly visit this page http://45.55.147.207/forums/admin/index....dule=tools and it will show you if directories and files are properly CHMOD'd in "CHMOD Files and Directories"

[Image: 8af8edda3e364744a1081b47224f7fe9.png]

Tried all of this and the same error is presented when trying to visit your link to the tools page...

'/var/www/html/forums/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist'
(2016-04-14, 02:19 PM)alexxsawyer Wrote: [ -> ]Tried all of this and the same error is presented when trying to visit your link to the tools page...

'/var/www/html/forums/inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist'

If you have checked that all of your chmod permissions are correct and have also tried uploading new files and or also have tried completing a fresh install of mybb with fresh files and the problem is still occurring..., I would suggest contacting "Digital Ocean" and see if they are restricting file access for any particular reason or if there is any other host related issue that could be causing said issue perhaps?
(2016-04-14, 02:34 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-14, 02:19 PM)alexxsawyer Wrote: [ -> ]Tried all of this and the same error is presented when trying to visit your link to the tools page...

If you have checked that all of your chmod permissions are correct and have also tried uploading new files and or also have tried completing a fresh install of mybb with fresh files and the problem is still occurring..., I would suggest contacting "Digital Ocean" and see if they are restricting file access for any particular reason or if there is any other host related issue that could be causing said issue perhaps?

Just contacted them ! Still troubleshooting and welcoming further help from anyone who sees this thread !

cheers

Just contacted digital ocean and they claim that they place no restrictions on their servers...

Re-installing fully now

Re-install Fixed it !
I should have just done this yesterday lol