MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing the quote box timestamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the Duende theme and the Thumbs Post Rating plugin. I'm running into an issue where, with it's position (since I removed the box), it overlaps with quotes and moves the post time to the side. Here's an example. I've played around with moving the rating buttons, but can't find a position where it looks good. That being said, I'm looking for one of two solutions;

1. I want to remove the timestamp from the quote box.
2. I want to make it so that the rating buttons are outside of the quote box but not moved if a quote isn't at the top of the post. For reference, the buttons look like this without a quote at the top.

While I understand the second is probably a lot less feasible, that's why I put two potential solutions.

If you can help me, thank you!
Bumping this up.
what is your forum url ?
(2016-04-15, 04:37 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum url ?

I'll PM it to you so you can test. If you intend to sign up, be forewarned that it only supports Steam sign-in.
postbit_tpr template :
remove <div class="float_right"> at the beginning and </div> at the end

in the postbit templates (both postbit & postbit_classic)
you can move {$post['tprdsp']} to anywhere you like
(2016-04-15, 07:07 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]postbit_tpr template :
remove <div class="float_right"> at the beginning and </div> at the end

in the postbit templates (both postbit & postbit_classic)
you can move {$post['tprdsp']} to anywhere you like

I don't see the postbit_tpr template. Also, I think you may be misunderstanding my question. I realize I can move the thumb voting wherever I want, but I can't find a position where it doesn't stretch the rest of the layout and make it look bad besides this one. It looks fine as long as a quote box isn't there, and it would look fine if the post time was removed from the quote box, which is basically what I want.
Your forum url ?
well, you can add below style property at the bottom of theme's global.css (edit in advanced mode)
cite span {display: none;}

remember hard refreshing browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on a topic page after saving changes to the style sheet
(2016-04-16, 04:04 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]well, you can add below style property at the bottom of theme's global.css (edit in advanced mode)
cite span {display: none;}

remember hard refreshing browser (eg. press CTRL + F5)  on a topic page after saving changes to the style sheet

That appears to have worked, thanks.