MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Idea - Option to hide location/status activity in profile page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
On my forum, I have private forums for staff. But anyone can view which topic admin is reading.

So it would be useful to add an option to hide to "simple" members the location/status of staff's members?

For instance, in ACP:
  • Hide location : true/false
  • Bypass hiding location : true/false (allow staff's members to view everyone)
On the profile page, simply display "Online (@ TIME)"

Thanks for reading Smile

NB: English isn't my native language, so if something isn't clear, please tell me Smile
I have this;

[Image: iapmda.png]
How can I do this? Have you any piece of code or a plugin maybe?
(2016-04-14, 05:57 PM)John79 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do this? Have you any piece of code or a plugin maybe?

A simple plugin, or you could just use Template Conditionals.
(2016-04-14, 05:57 PM)John79 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I do this? Have you any piece of code or a plugin maybe?

This is a plugin I made.
Do you share this plugin?
(2016-04-14, 01:51 PM)John79 Wrote: [ -> ]On my forum, I have private forums for staff. But anyone can view which topic admin is reading.

They actually can't. The activity that a user is doing on their profiles goes through permission checks. So if an admin is reading a thread that a normal member cannot see, all it says is "Reading Thread". There is no identifiable title.
Yeah you are right, it seems be okay now ! I just update to 1.8.7, i don't know if there is a link.. Thank you.