MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Online 24/7 ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there away to make a like online 24/7 like i made a bot that i use to post like new but i want to make it look like its on line 24/7 can that be done???
You could keep a browser open on the /online.php page (if you have the option set for it to reload every minute) and it will make the bot appear to always be on. Smile
NOP that would not work for me is there like a way i can edit the user in the DB to make it online ??
Why would you want to make it look that way? So that it looks like there's always someone there? To deceive members into thinking that you have an active forum?
PHP_Paul Wrote:Why would you want to make it look that way? So that it looks like there's always someone there? To deceive members into thinking that you have an active forum?

Well said... Why would you want to do that? I have members coming in, All forums need to start from somewhere.
NO i want it to make it look like the BOT(me who ill only post news) look like its on line ok. thats ok or is that to hard to ask with out people going on about it.
You could edit the who's online templates and hard code the name of the bot in, however, if the bot comes online naturally, then it will show the bot + the bot that is logged in.
Ture or i could do that but make it when its online naturally have it invisible maybe
You should imho start by really being at your site if you want it to flourish. Those 43 posts and 8 members you have are not gonna attract anyone especially if you use deceptive tactics like faking your on the site. What benefit will you gain in your view by faking you are online 24/7?

You have more posts here at mybb than you do on your own site. Think about that.
labrocca Wrote:You should imho start by really being at your site if you want it to flourish. Those 43 posts and 8 members you have are not gonna attract anyone especially if you use deceptive tactics like faking your on the site. What benefit will you gain in your view by faking you are online 24/7?

You have more posts here at mybb than you do on your own site. Think about that.
You have a very good point thank you for saying that or i would never known that i have to say thank you very much i am going to be on my forum more and do a lot more there Smile

EDIT: well if a staff see this can they lock it as there is no point in this no more as i now understand the real point in forums now.