MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO in MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologise if this question has been asked to death. If it has, I couldn't find it when searching the board.

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate the developers of this board, it looks like a very attractive alternative to a lot of the other boards out there.

I'm currently running phpbb and I'm in total despair of getting the thing to be somewhat search engine friendly. As a result, I'm looking for a decent bb system which will return search engine friendly urls when a bot cruises through the board.

I'm wondering, how capable is MyBB at doing this? I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be an awful session ID tacked onto the end of the urls, but there is definitely a dynamic page indicator there which I believe a lot of search engines don't like.

Is there a way to configure MyBB to produce SEF urls?

cheers,

Alan

Well google picks up dynamic posts fine...
actually, Google has a lot of difficulty with session ID's, which is one of the big problems of phpbb.

I realise MyBB doesn't seem to have these SID's, but I'm curious to know what other modifications have been made with regard to optimising the forums for search engines.

Google is also just one of the search engines people use. I'd like to optimise for all of them if possible.

cheers,

Alan