MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade php to 5.5 on GoDaddy now get MyBB Error (44)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I upgraded from mybb 1.8.5 to 1.8.7 today but I don't think that was the issue, because after the upgrade I was able to login to the website fine.

Then on my shared GoDaddy server I clicked to upgrade from PhP 5.4 to 5.5 and ever since when I go to my forum I get the

Error Type:MyBB Error (44)Error Message:MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

error.  I've checked config.php I don't see any issue there - database type is mysqli

I think this has to do with the upgrade to PhP 5.5 but I'm not sure where to look or what to do.
You need to open a support request with GoDaddy and ask them to enable the php5.5-mysql extension on your account.
Yes I am talking to them now, thanks, but the guy is pretty confused he thought well let's just revert to php 5.4 but when he did that it still gave the same error. So now he brought it back to PHP 5.5 and is looking more into this.

I talked to a second guy at GoDaddy named Cody who was a lot more helpful, however we still weren't able to get my site running on PhP 5.5

Instead we reverted it back to native 5.4 and everything works again.

Even reverting it to regular 5.4 still the same error.

(And, when on regular 5.4 or 5.5, a new install of mybb I was in the process of installing in a different folder didn't go through, got stuck at the error "DB Extensions: None Supported." --- as well a copy of vbulletin 5.1.9 I had in a different folder did not work on regular 5.4 or 5.5)

We even went back and forth looking at what boxes are enabled between PhP 5.4, 5.5 and native 5.4 and even when trying to check a box that had been checked on native 5.4 but not checked on 5.5 still the forum sites would not function on GoDaddy when set to 5.5

So for now, I am stuck at "native PhP 5.4" in GoDaddy. Under this setting both myBB and vbulletin work but not under any other setting.
i personally don't like godaddy hosting, try to check the MySQL and MySQLi extension enabled on PHP version selector page like in this image http://puu.sh/omr6o/4e3137bd81.png.
I did try that with PhP set to 5.5 (GoDaddy doesn't have any higher than 5.5 on a shared server):

[Image: 350t7uu.jpg]
with all of your suggested settings except for sourceguardian which was not available, but got this same error:
[Image: 2ltaht.jpg]

so I gave up and reverted to 5.4 native:
[Image: sl1x88.jpg]
and in GoDaddy's 5.4 native I can't see what the settings are.  However when I was on the phone with GDaddy the guy said that he copied the exact same settings from 5.4 native to 5.5 and still no dice.

I have another hosting account with Hostgator where I host two vbulletin sites (one vb4 and one vb5) and on that shared server I have the vb5 set to PhP 7 and the vb4 site set to PhP 5.5 via .htaccess and no problems they both run fine.

The GDaddy rep said that very few people run forums on GoDaddy - he said that in all his time working there he had talked to only two customers who were using GDaddy for forums.  But I have paid domain registration and hosting on GDaddy going out like seven years so I am stuck with GoDaddy for the two mybb forums, and the one other vb 5 forum, I am running.  My three forums on GDaddy get very little traffic; my two forums on hostgator get up to a few hundred people logged in at once, and they function fine, which is why I kept those on hostgator.

The other advantage to hostgator over GDaddy is the unlimited SQL database size - at GDaddy the limit per database is 1 Gb.

At hostgator I have a baby plan (the middle one), at GDaddy the Ultimate one, which is their best shared server plan.  Both cpanel Linux servers.  Supposedly the Ultimate plan at GDaddy is faster than the others, on a faster server, but at Hostgator they do not claim that their different shared hosting plans vary in speed.
You have 7+ manage'd forum, and I suggest to move into VPS or Dedicated server
Don't use GoDaddy?
I had a horrible experience with their Windows shared hosting in February 2016.

I'd recommend using a VPS since you have more control, and also it will be more powerful.
OVH has good DDoS protection should you need it.

Also, you mentioned HostGator. Do NOT use an EIG host under any circumstances. Unlimited is impossible in technology and in fact anything, they are lying and you will run out some time or another. Not to mention their service is slow.
I use goDaddy for my .com and just recently switched to a fantastic host from hostgator. I am using php5.5with the new host without out a related glitch. It was hard to switch from hostgator but I did not want a VPS from them. I am more than pleased with my host, they are having a summer special with 50% off right now too so I am running everything through the mill without a glitch, Not one issue to do with mybb at all during the transfer either..
If you are interested and I do not make anything off this then kindly message me here and I will share with you,
I am now trying hard to make this work as I have a vbulletin 5 forum on this godaddy shared server too, and it requires php 5.5

But when I go to php 5.5 or 5.6 then mybb forums all get that error described above.

Okay, I figured out the issue.

I upgraded php to 5.6  - but then I determined that there is a file at the root level
php.ini
that was somehow conflicting with the php settings that godaddy brings in when changing the php version.  No idea why this php.ini file causes no issues when php was set at 5.4 (native), but was causing issues when I went up to php 5.5 or 5.6

Anyway, so now I have it set at php 5.6 for the entire server, and I changed the name of php.ini to php.ini.disabled

The code inside this php.ini is:

register_globals = off

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off

display_errors = Off

expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 10000
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so 

the only line that matters as I recall is the
max_input_vars = 10000
I rather need that line to run a vbulletin forum.  Not sure if the others matter.

I tried reverting the name to php.ini and then tried commenting out lines of code in the file:
I put
//
then later tried
#
to comment out every single line.  Even with every single line commented out still the mere presence of this php.ini file caused the above noted error for mybb.  

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Tornado Mitr

5.0.x is bound to have problems and security vulnerabilities, have you tried 7.0.x? You should use the newest version possible Smile
Pages: 1 2