MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb mysql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yes, I am getting this error 
SQL Error:1045 - Access denied for user 'a6721669_peccto'@'10.1.1.20' (using password: YES)Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Quote:SQL Error: 1045 - Access denied for user ‘USERNAME’@’HOSTNAME’ (using password: YES)
Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Information: This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database password is incorrect in ~/inc/config.php file.
To fix this, open ~/inc/config.php file and check the entry for $config['database']['password']
If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
OK, thank you. What do I do go into the config.php and place the database name and then the password?
Thank you so much I'm new to the php, and mysql stuff but I have done sites in the past so I am willing to learn as I go alone (best way I learn.)
by any chance, are you using a free web host ?
if it is 000webhost then that has database connectivity problems.
(2016-04-19, 03:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]by any chance, are you using a free web host ?
if it is 000webhost then that has database connectivity problems.

Yes, I am using 000webhost. Is there any way I can run the php and mysql off my PC? If so then would my PC need to stay on all the time in order for mybb to run?
just for learning purpose & experience, you can install MyBB forum in your computer
by using a localhost server in your computer. in general, using XAMPP is suggested.

see search results for guidance related to MyBB forum installation on XAMPP
I know but me and a friend of mine are trying to get an online gaming community started. Do you know any free hosting sites that will allow mybb installation and has myphp and MySQL?
^ please see web hosting discussion. And this forum might be helpful for your requirement.