MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Form Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

It would be great to see Form Manager (can't find release link) to come into MyBB 2.0. It's easier to have it built-in instead of a plugin.

Have the option to change the "default" title (I can't find out how to do it) before the application form is submitted, since we don't have the option to do that. (You have to do it after the application has been submitted) 

The annoying thing is that there is one bit that you can't delete of the title and that is "Form Submission" and I can't find where to delete that in the .php file for it. 

And have another option to change the layout of the form threat (after submitting it).  Another issue that I had with it ( http://community.mybb.com/thread-190966.html ) and that should be fixed as well.

Kind Regards,

MorganB
Think it should be a plugin honestly, I see little use of this besides a forum application for staff (which some communities may use, but not a lot).
Didn't some folks talk about x-threads being eventually integrated into 2.0 somewhere in these threads? (I remember that several people - including me - were very fond of it.) Wouldn't this solve your case, too?
(2016-04-22, 04:45 AM)KnownSyntax Wrote: [ -> ]Think it should be a plugin honestly, I see little use of this besides a forum application for staff (which some communities may use, but not a lot).

It's kinda alright to have it a plugin, but it would be easier to have it built-in instead. It could be asked in the installation, if you want it to be installed or it comes with the .zip download file...

(2016-04-22, 06:08 AM)Amaryllion Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't some folks talk about x-threads being eventually integrated into 2.0 somewhere in these threads? (I remember that several people - including me - were very fond of it.) Wouldn't this solve your case, too?

I've never used x-threats, so I wouldn't know about it. I've looked at x-threats before and I have never used it so.....
I think it should be built into the core it can be used for more then just a staff application. For a game company it could be used to give feedback on answering questions with a check mark and radio boxes. 2.0 should have this for forum & business purpose the functionality can be more then just that even.
dont need a form manager if you can get Xthreads in core Toungue
(2016-06-03, 09:37 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]dont need a form manager if you can get Xthreads in core Toungue

Or the page manager feature I was floating a while back - that would perform very similarly, with a little backend PHP code powering the page (or a plugin to extend it slightly Wink).
How can I prevent users from sending duplicate forms?
or, For example, each user can submit the form 3 times a day and no more
I'm not sure which form you're referring to, if it's from a plugin please post in its support thread or create one here, this is a 6 year old suggestion thread.