MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Focus Theme - jGrowl Notification Balloon - Position Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I found one issue. For true, i was unable to fix it.

The Balloon is splitĀ in half like you guys can see in this image:

[Image: OKrKxBJ.png]

I know that i have to change something in global.css file, but, when i get to line 1500, i dont know what to change.
I dont see any "height" values to change.

If i scroll the window up, nothing change. And the balloon gets away.

Its a simple thing, but, i have to make sure my Forum looks profissional before launching. Im going to deal with a lot "noob" forum users.

Can anyone help me, please?

Btw, all the credits and copyrights things are on the forum, im not going to remove.

Thanks in advance.
Try changin the z-index for a higher or lower value:

jgrowl class {
z-index: 9999;
}

Try that in the class.
(2016-04-22, 10:28 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Try changin the z-index for a higher or lower value:

jgrowl class {
}

Try that in the class.

Hey man.
It worked.
Thanks!

The balloon not changed his position, but, now, is in front of everything in the same spot.
The new value is 10000 for z-index.

Just for curiosity: What means "z-index"?
(2016-04-23, 12:40 AM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-22, 10:28 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Try changin the z-index for a higher or lower value:

jgrowl class {
}

Try that in the class.

Hey man.
It worked.
Thanks!

The balloon not changed his position, but, now, is in front of everything in the same spot.
The new value is 10000 for z-index.

Just for curiosity: What means "z-index"?

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp
Hey palhanow,
This is already updated in latest theme version.
You are using old version of theme.
Hello WallBB,

The zip download that i get is: #4_dev. I downloaded from official mod page from MyBB Community.

There is a new version?

It's easy to install? Im not going to loose everything that i changed? I made a lot of changes as you can se in politz.com.br/forum

How im going to "save" all this things before the upgrade?
(2016-04-23, 08:55 PM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]Hello WallBB,

The zip download that i get is: #4_dev. I downloaded from official mod page from MyBB Community.

There is a new version?

It's easy to install? Im not going to loose everything that i changed? I made a lot of changes as you can se in politz.com.br/forum

How im going to "save" all this things before the upgrade?

Unfortunately yes, all changes you have done will be lost.
If you have a list of changes you have done, than you can easily add them to the theme.
@palhanow : you can install new version of the theme with a new name (option available at
importing theme page
) and add the required changes to it from the earlier version of theme.

or you can export current version of the theme from your forum (include all templates & style sheets)
& compare it with the new version theme xml file then add the changes to existing theme on your forum.
(2016-04-24, 05:25 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately yes, all changes you have done will be lost.
If you have a list of changes you have done, than you can easily add them to the theme.

Ok, but, where i can get the new theme? Because in the official mod page its the same version that i have.

(2016-04-24, 05:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]@palhanow : you can install new version of the theme with a new name (option available at
importing theme page
) and add the required changes to it from the earlier version of theme.

or you can export current version of the theme from your forum (include all templates & style sheets)
& compare it with the new version theme xml file then add the changes to existing theme on your forum.

Thanks again .m.

I gonna do this.

The templates in green are the "changed ones", right? When i get the new one, im going to use Notepad++ to compare and change. Specially the plugins, like Recent Posts, my Google Sense ad and the My Alerts Icon.

Well, the work never stops. Who can tell me that is easy to manage a forum...

Never quit and never stop, right? =)
Quote:... templates in green are the "changed ones", right?
yes. and as you said you can compare the codes through notepad++