MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well hey everyone i will use this thread to ask for help as i will need it alot i think
i just downloaded the  files here and i would love to create my own forums but im stuck at the beginning already Big Grin

can someone help me with this 
Uploading Files
In the archive you extracted earlier there will be two directories: Documentation and Upload. The Documentation directory contains useful information, however you need not upload it to your server. The Upload directory contains the various files needed to run the MyBB software on your host.

Next, you will need to upload the contents of the Upload/ directory to either your website root directory (sometimes called www, htdocs or httpdocs), or a subdirectory of of your root directory (such as /forums or /community).

The process of uploading your files will depend on your hosting configuration, but FTP is the most common method. FileZilla is a free FTP client suitable for uploading MyBB.

where do i upload the files Big Grin    because there is only 2 downloadable files and well i downloaded them both and i have no idea what i must do Big Grin  for further questions i will post under this thread so please if you help then stay here to help me on my journey Smile
Best Regards
Erkki
extract mybb_1807.zip in a folder of your computer
it gives two folders with contents. folders : Documentation , Upload
open Upload folder. all its contents should be transferred to your files server

if you are using a ftp client then the contents of Upload folder can be selected and dragged to ftp client window

if you are using file manager at the web host control panel then
all contents of upload folder can be compressed to a zip archive (eg. upload.zip)
and that zip file can be uploaded to your files server and can be extracted there.

Quote:upload to either your website root directory (sometimes called www, htdocs or httpdocs),
or a subdirectory of of your root directory (such as /forums or /community )