MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User only accessable content.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like one forum of my forum to be closed to non members, now I know that isn't difficult, I just restrict access to unregistered people. The problem is I want the title to still be seen so people know it is there but have to log in to see its content. Is there any way of doing this?

At the moment the only way I can see of doing a similar thing is to set up another forum with the same(ish) name only visible to unregistered people (while the actual forum is only visible to registered people) and have a post telling them they need to register to see the content. Not a very clean way of doing it.
title of what exactly?
Tikitiki Wrote:title of what exactly?

The title of that particular forum.

Using this forum as an example the "general support" forum would show for unregistered guests but when they click on the title it would ask them for their password and username before continuing to the general support forum.

Is that a little clearer?Smile
There's no default feature that will do this I think; Your way would be best. Infact, if you just made it a redirect forum to the index and only guests would see it, that would be the best way.
Well, you could set it so guests could see inside the forum, but couldn't view the threads. Smile
FirefoxWiz Wrote:Well, you could set it so guests could see inside the forum, but couldn't view the threads. Smile

Ah that would be useful. How do you do that, the same way as restricting the forum usually?
Yes, however you set "Can view threads" to no when editing the permissions (Make sure "Can view forum" is set to yes as well)
Ah k thanks dude, I have sorted it now.Smile