MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I did a brief search, but this may have been posted before, and hidden deep in the forum bowels Toungue

Basically, when I edit my signature on MyBB RC4, I check the radio button that says "Enable my signature in all of my posts.", but whenever I save, it always defaults to "Leave my signature settings alone.".

However, it selects the Signature check box when I post a new thread, so it obviously saves the setting, but doesn't select it properly on the Edit Signature page.

Hope that's enough info to be useful Smile
Actually, I believe that is the way it is supposed to work. The purpose of this is so when you edit your signature the old signature will appear in posts prior to the time you edited the signature. Hope my wording was not too confusing.
Hi,

Not completely sure I understood what you meant; do you mean when I edit my signature, the edited (the new signature) shows up in new posts, and the old signature is kept as is in old posts?

If that's what you meant, then you didn't understand my question Toungue

I would've thought it'd make more sense to set the 3 radio buttons (on Edit Signature page) to the appropriate setting, so if I selected "Disable my signature in all of my posts", then when I click back onto the Edit Signature page, that radio button should be selected, instead of "Leave my signature settings alone".

I hope that makes sense, it's 2am here at the moment, and my brain's a bit fuzzy Toungue
Yeah, that is what I meant and I also understood what you meant the first time Toungue

I am pretty sure, though, that it was intentionally set up to run that way. I think it is supposed to prevent you from accidently overwriting your old signature. It is kind of like a confirmation, in a way. I could be wrong but that is how I have always understood it.
OK thanks for your help anyway, just seems more rational if it was setup to show your current Signature settings, but it's not a biggy.
Matt Light Wrote:Yeah, that is what I meant and I also understood what you meant the first time Toungue

I am pretty sure, though, that it was intentionally set up to run that way. I think it is supposed to prevent you from accidently overwriting your old signature. It is kind of like a confirmation, in a way. I could be wrong but that is how I have always understood it.
Can it be better worded and/or clarified in Gold? This confused me a bit, as well. Thanks.
Matt Light, Im sorry to say you are wrong Toungue The settings are there so that:

* If you un-tick the option signature when replying to a thread, then change your signature, and wish to have you signature disabled for those post but not others, then you can tick the option "Leave my signature settings alone".

* If you decide you want to show your signature in all your posts, then you can tick the option "Enable my signature in all of my posts".

* If you decide you dont want to show your signature in all your posts, then you can tick the option "Disable my signature in all of my posts".

It does not show your old signature in old posts and your new one in new posts! myBB is not setup to do this! This is not actually a bug either, since its designed like this. Hope this makes sence. I am going to move this thread to General Support!