MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible to export all XML theme files from FTP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, is it possible to export all my themes XML files from my FTP or host control panel? my domain just ran out which i thought was supposed to be in December. I can see all my files on my FTP, i'm using Forth hosting.
No - the theme XML files are broken down into templates, CSS files and properties upon importing and composed dynamically on export; this data is being stored in the database only, so you can import it over a new MyBB installation and recover it from there.
So just make a full database back up through my web host's control panel and the themes would be saved also?
Yes. You could also try overwriting the tables where theme data is being stored only:
  • templategroups
  • templates
  • templatesets
  • themes
  • themestylesheets
but that might require rebuilding or refreshing the MyBB cache.
or simple park a temporary domain, login to admin panel and get all your data. For temporary domain you can use freenom, eu.org(recommended), or any other provider.
(2016-04-27, 04:22 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]or simple park a temporary domain, login to admin panel and get all your data. For temporary domain you can use freenom, eu.org(recommended), or any other provider.

I don't have access to change the domain, went ahead an bought new domain and hosting.

@Devilshakerz I can't even load my site or the ACP to do that. I made two full site backups through my host but they both gave me a ton of errors when importing them, not a problem tho as i found backups i had. thanks anyway.