MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using any cache other than db causes errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So using any caching system other than db, such as apc or memcached will cause mybb to spit out errors such as

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'numusers' - Line: 294 - File: index.php PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.16 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/index.php	294	errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'numusers' - Line: 301 - File: index.php PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.16 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/index.php	301	errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'time' - Line: 302 - File: index.php PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.16 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/index.php	302	errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'time' - Line: 303 - File: index.php PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.16 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/index.php	303	errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'numusers' - Line: 26 - File: index.php(308) : eval()'d code PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.16 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/index.php(308) : eval()'d code	26	errorHandler->error
/index.php	308	eval

the caching choices are set up properly when I choose them, but it will always cause these errors (if not a total breaking of the forum), in order for my forum to work again I must restore my datacache table as well

Any ideas? How can I successfully start using memcache?

ubuntu 14.04 lts
php 5.5.9-1
mysql MySQLi 5.6.26
mybb 1.8.7

I'm using nginx too but I tried lighttpd and it's the same
Why do you need to restore the datacache table? Switching to another cache handler doesn't delete or prune that table.
(2016-04-27, 08:28 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you need to restore the datacache table? Switching to another cache handler doesn't delete or prune that table.

I have no idea, I realize it doesn't make sense but it means that, if the caching broke the forum bad enough to fully lock me out (usually an error about having to upgrade my forum even though it's latest), if I changed back to db that's what I'd have to do to make it work again

either way, if I could just work out what makes it break in the first place that'd be good - will preparser cache plugins or cloudflare mess with it at all?