MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken Style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to make a an online forum for a school project. I am running myBB on a school apache server and the site is only accessible from on campus IP addresses. I installed myBB in the docs directory as my system administrator instructed me to do. However, the style is basically broken and the webpage does not display correctly (see photo). I saw in the FAQ section that I should check to make sure that the Board URL and Homepage URL are set correctly and they are. I have tried to install other themes in the hope that it might fix the problem but it didn't (I used square theme and focus theme). I think some permissions might be off and this might be the root of the issue, but I am really not sure. Someone please help me its due in less than a week, thank you!
(2016-04-28, 02:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see required file permissions for folders & files

Thank you for your response. I did that when I installed it on the server but I just did it again to make sure and it did not fix the problem. I'm not sure if the issue has to do with permissions but it might. 

The issue is pretty weird because pages like the index page, the User Control Panel, and The Moderator Control Panel do not display nicely however the Admin Control Panel displays perfectly. I believe the Admin Control Panel is the only page on the server that displays nicely. Not sure if this information might help pinpoint the issue.
do you also have login & logout issues ? how are cookies set ?
(2016-04-28, 03:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do you also have login & logout issues ? how are cookies set ?

I am able to login and logout without any issue. 

Cookie settings are:
Cookie Domain: .thoughtbubble.cs.loyola.edu (Note that the website is is http://thoughtbubble.cs.loyola.edu)
Cookie Path: /
looks like main site rewrite rules are affecting. does posting editor work with its tool bar ?
if you try viewing a style sheet source then does it load (eg. global.css #)?
(2016-04-28, 03:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like main site rewrite rules are affecting. does posting editor work with its tool bar ?
if you try viewing a style sheet source then does it load (eg. global.css #)?

What do you mean about posting editor?

I tried to load global.css by clicking on your link and got: 

The requested URL /cache/themes/theme2/global.css was not found on this server

So I looked in that directory and found that global.css is not located in the theme2 directory. 

However, I found global.css in the theme1 directory so I tried to load this and got:

Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /cache/themes/theme1/global.css on this server.

Could this be the issue that I dont have permission to load it?

Thanks again for your help and quick responses I really appreciate it...
posting editor is text area where you type message. it has a default tool bar with formatting buttons.

basically /cache , /cache/themes , all its sub-folders and their contents should be writable (CHMOD 777)

in general, forbidden issue could be due to incorrect file permissions, blocking by rewrite rules or mod_security affecting.
(2016-04-28, 04:44 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]posting editor is text area where you type message. it has a default tool bar with formatting buttons.

basically /cache , /cache/themes , all its sub-folders and their contents should be writable (CHMOD 777)

in general, forbidden issue could be due to incorrect file permissions, blocking by rewrite rules or mod_security affecting.

I fixed the problem thank you so much! 

The issue was that not all of the subfolders and contents of cache were writable so I did "chmod -R 777 cache" and it was fixed.
(2016-04-27, 10:38 PM)theRohtos Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to make a an online forum for a school project. I am running myBB on a school apache server and the site is only accessible from on campus IP addresses. I installed myBB in the docs directory as my system administrator instructed me to do. However, the style is basically broken and the webpage does not display correctly (see photo). I saw in the FAQ section that I should check to make sure that the Board URL and Homepage URL are set correctly and they are. I have tried to install other themes in the hope that it might fix the problem but it didn't (I used square theme and focus theme). I think some permissions might be off and this might be the root of the issue, but I am really not sure. Someone please help me its due in less than a week, thank you!

Go to INC and extract the Settings.php and replace it once again.