MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Media Interaction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

While not a specific MYbb 2.0 query its more the future of forums as we know it. I run a few forums and I have noticed that Facebook group functionality seems to be mirroring much of the basic features of a forum. As such more and more groups are popping up and taking away from a forum communities. I asked one of my members why he has dropped off the forum and his feedback was that Facebook is just easier to use and he gets his updates through his news feed.

Are there any plans to integrate more social media integration through MYBB 2 ? I'm concerned that community forums are flailing due to the impact of Facebook groups and the ease in setting them up, is almost like Facebook is becoming a disruptive technology that could kill the concept of community based forums

Cheers
Chris
Hi,

2.0 is going to have a lot more social features built in, such as liking posts, private conversations (which act like threads but are private to groups of members similar to FaceBook chats), Twitter/Facebook/Google login, and possibly more that we haven't yet decided upon. We're hoping that these added features will keep people engaged more (in addition to the improved user experience provided by the new default theme).