MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Horse World Message Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oded Dwek Wrote:Very nice but i think you had some cool table thing before.
Get it back, it was nice!
Yeah I did but I wasn't sure if I liked it, I will leave it as it is for now but I may use it again in the future - Thanks for the tip Smile
Nice colours and design. Love it. It looks as if you worked on it and that's something very nice. Best of luck with the site. Horses are superb creatures Wink
dojo Wrote:Nice colours and design. Love it. It looks as if you worked on it and that's something very nice. Best of luck with the site. Horses are superb creatures Wink
Thanks and Yes I have been working on it alot Big Grin

*Have updated the Info Centre now*
*I have now started to use the Portal as a homepage and wondered what you thought of it so far and also any suggestions on what else to add. Also if you have any comments about the forum that would be good too.*
SLB Wrote:Bump Toungue
Bump :Big Grin
The Theme is horses, are as pretty as the blues skies, that come to mind, when one rides them, i would think, your passion comes through the theme scene you have created,
I think change is good when, needed, but if it isnt broke dont fix it comes to mind, maybe its something else that you want or need, to do with your forum??

Looks Great! Good Work and nice background!
dont change the colors or the theme header/banner!
Pow-Mia Wrote:Bump :Big Grin
The Theme is horses, are as pretty as the blues skies, that come to mind, when one rides them, i would think, your passion comes through the theme scene you have created,
I think change is good when, needed, but if it isnt broke dont fix it comes to mind, maybe its something else that you want or need, to do with your forum??
Looks Great! Good Work and nice background!
dont change the colors or the theme header/banner!
Thank You, I'm glad you like it Big Grin
Anymore rates??
Your forum, itself, seems to have a decent sized user base, and your forums have a good amount of activity. As such, I think that you should consider revamping the look of the site, to yield a more personal connection between your users and their horses.

Along these lines, I would suggest incorporating a number of thumbnail images on the front page. Perhaps you could feature matching thumbnails, one of site user and one of their horse, but display several on the front page. Or, perhaps just thumbnails of horses, but make them visible in the header, at a minimum. You could possible use thumbnail images to form a border around a single large header image. Using javascript, you could possibly even have the thumbnail images change each time that the site visitor loads the front page of your site.

I also don't think that the purple and blue forum colors work well with the textured blue background image. That background image doesn't hurt the eyes, but I think that it doesn't really do a good job of showcasing horses, visually.

Horses tend to be beautiful, powerful looking creatures. Yet, I think that your choice of color combinations don't capture the essence of that very well. I just don't think that pastels go well with horses.
Pages: 1 2