MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will Gold incorporate a horizontal postbit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If MyBB Gold is going to mimic vBulletin 3 as much as possible, I think this is a necessity. It doesn't have to be enabled by default, but, like vB, I think MyBB Gold should allow a choice between the vertical postbit (as it is now) and the new horizontal postbit. I prefer the latter, as it makes the post more compact and less cluttered. Is this a planned function of Gold?

If it isn't, how do I go about creating a horizontal postbit?
No. Its easy to do though, when gold is out i will release a template mod.
Gold isn't going to mimic vBulletin. Toungue

As Darren said, the default postbit will be pretty much the same, but you can always modify the template yourself.
Darren Wrote:No. Its easy to do though, when gold is out i will release a template mod.
Do you have any modifications that will create a vertical postbit for RC4?
drygnfyre Wrote:
Darren Wrote:No. Its easy to do though, when gold is out i will release a template mod.
Do you have any modifications that will create a vertical postbit for RC4?

Isn't Vertical the way it is now? You mean horizontal?
Yeah, that's what I meant. Are there any modifications to RC4 that allow for one?
There aren't.

I've been looking in to the "horizontal postbit" idea a bit recently because it allows more content to be fit in a post at a smaller resolution.

My idea would be something like
User Details

The only issue is that the avatars of the user would probably go on the right in the user details section and if avatars were all different sizes then the row height would be different for all posts - not a very uniform look.

If I ever were to implemnt this, i'd make it a switchable option..
Also, you could set it so the max avatar height allowed on the board is the default height for all postbit rows.
Chris Boulton Wrote:There aren't.

I've been looking in to the "horizontal postbit" idea a bit recently because it allows more content to be fit in a post at a smaller resolution.

My idea would be something like
User Details

The only issue is that the avatars of the user would probably go on the right in the user details section and if avatars were all different sizes then the row height would be different for all posts - not a very uniform look.

If I ever were to implemnt this, i'd make it a switchable option..
That's cool! I hope you implement it in Gold, and then, like in vB, you can choose between it and the vertical posbit (or postbit_legacy.) And what Darren said would probably work.
Yeah it is something for fun I did on my forums, but I don't think anyone is actually using it at the moment.
Pages: 1 2