MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need improvement for search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB search is not that powerful when compared to others, it does not give the results as expected.

I was searching for a thread which i answered a while ago and i could not get the post even i searched with the terms i used.

Just needs some improvement.

Regards
The search system is no different than any other BB's.
Then why the results vary. I do not get the exact result what i am searching for. I am not comparing yours with google or major search engine algorithim.

does your search searches every pages text or the title alone of thread.
Because the post content is different....
Lets take a discussion is same but the title is different. what does the search show out in this context. will it show both or display the result query for the title keyword alone.
vinoth Wrote:Lets take a discussion is same but the title is different. what does the search show out in this context. will it show both or display the result query for the title keyword alone.

You have an option to show 'posts' or 'threads'. If you search 'by posts', it'll show the post message too, if it's 'by threads' it'll show the threads title.

It's not rocket science :|
Its not rocket science, i am not clear with the sentence my friend.
Go to http://community.mybboard.net/search.php

and look for

Quote:Display Options
Show Results as (*) threads (0) posts

And then use your brain to process what it means
oh fine friend. Try for this search

call php in templates and you would get no results. This is what our search does. i searched for threads and posts.

Search needs improvement.
That's because it searches for the whole string. It's called a "string search".

Due to the majority of users not liking the 3 character minimum search with FULLTEXT (Otherwise known as Boolean searches) Chris turned it off. You can turn on FULLTEXT searching on your own forums in the ACP settings.

Otherwise you just need to be better at doing searches.
Pages: 1 2