MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with Jscript (Now Themes)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I've been having issues with Jscript - quite a few, irritatingly. But to easily summarize it, I believe I have a conflict issue with Jscript somewhere, but I have no clue where, how, or what. My only reasoning for knowing there is a conflict is due to a similar issue someone had (Found here), except with a few differences:
-For one, this issue applied not only to post deletions, but anything through the admin panel as well. The "Go(0)" button did not update on checking a tickbox, and on attempting to carry out the action requested (In this case, deletion of the account) the error of "Sorry, but you did not select any users. Please select some users and try again." was displayed. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? I think it's a conflict issue, but with no actual knowledge of Jscript (I'm a lua coder, did some basic HTML, but not really touched Jscript) any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
-CMR99

EDIT: Just noticed the big bold text - and I believe I have posted this in the wrong place. Sorry for the inconvenience. I feel like an idiot now, so if this is indeed not meant to be here, feel free to delete it. Thank you for your time.
Hi,

Can you send me your forum's URL and details for a temporary test account to help try and debug the issue?

PS: I've moved your thread for you Smile
Thanks - but I managed to fix my issue. I feel like a complete idiot - I originally tested out another theme, and didn't remove all of it's files when deleting it. Caused conflict with my current theme, everything sorted now. Either way, thanks a bunch for the help Big Grin
Correction - in fixing that issue, another seems to have cropped up. After a few times visiting the site (Don't think it is a set amount, it seems to be random) the theme is completely invisible. It breaks in it's entirety, resulting in all formatting being lost. Clearing the cache of my internet browser seems to fix the issue, but it continues to repeat. I think it may be something to do with the site, however, as others have reported the same issue/problems. Aside from that, I am completely stumped. Any ideas on what the issue is, and how I could solve it?
^ what is your forum url ?
I feel like an idiot for not putting this up earlier. xD
The forums can be found at www.rpcgaming.x10.bz
as a guest, I do not see any problem on your forum.

basically, you need to take care of file permissions.

also ensure that MyBB source files are intact
admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification
ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
Seems I didn't set up the file permissions properly. However, this didn't fix my issue - seems to have had no effect as far as I can tell. Decided to get some screencaps of the issue that happens, see if that helps. At this point I am clueless, but thanks all the same for the help so far Big Grin

Working:
[Image: FKbFnWt.png]

Broken:
[Image: qLyd5Gv.png]
cache folder , cache/themes folder , all sub-folders of cache/themes and all the contents of those sub-folders should be writable.

also you should clear your browser cache & redirect www url to http://

in the .htaccess file you can add below set of rules
Quote:RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.rpcgaming.x10.bz [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://rpcgaming.x10.bz/$1 [L,R=301]
I feel like a complete idiot - it's all sorted now. Turns out I missed a single file's read/write perms, so that it wasn't writable. Duh. It's all sorted now, I believe. Thank you so much guys, I owe ya one Big Grin

EDIT: Scratch that. Same issue just happened, that doesn't seem to have fixed it.... I'm so confused right now.