MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error upon upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded one of my boards from 1.6.* to 1.8.7 and have been getting thousands - yes thousands of errors via email and at times the board crashes and throws the same.

I've no clue what this means or where to look for it to fix it in the database.

I had to go about upgrading "the hard way" too.
Upgrade original board
Clean install in new directory
Import stuff from original upgraded site.

I installed plugins and tested them ALL on my test board and they work just fine.
The board crashes so I do the disable plugin test and then try to figure it out one at a time.
It was my custom side box plugin - or so I thought. I deactivated and uninstalled and it's still throwing errors, only this time it's not crashing the board.

I have this same plugin installed on another 1.8* site and it's not causing any issues. Same server.

This error happened just now @ 4:34AM EDT
The board is not crashed, the error came via email.

I have 5 of them now as I am typing this. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:Type: 20
File: (Line no. 0)
SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
Query: SELECT COUNT(tid) AS newann FROM mybb_threads WHERE dateline>'1461784863' AND fid IN ()
for the above referred error
admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Portal Settings --> Forums to pull announcements from -->
select required forums and save the settings.
Interesting. Even if I turn the portal off? I have the portal disabled, BUT - my side boxes override the portal anyway.

I did notice that I cannot have my side boxes use the latest threads amount that I set unless I first enable the portal, set the amount of threads to view and then refresh the index page to check the change took place and then go back and disable the portal in the settings.

Knowing that, does your "fix" still apply?
^ looks like your Sidebox plugin is getting its blocks from the Portal.
if Portal is disabled then Sidebox plugin doesn't get required settings ..
Makes sense, but right now for the last 15 minutes or so, the portal has been disabled and so far no errors. I DID set the forums to pull from first.

I'll experiment and see what happens. My plugin might need a little more updating too. I had a newer version in when it was throwing errors and I rolled it back one version and it seems to have stopped the board from crashing, but it was still throwing errors.

Thank you so much for the help and insight!